Kia Forte Forum banner

New Shift Knob arrived

7K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  caroach 
#1 · (Edited)
I'll put this thread under performance mod since it does help improve my shifting since this knob won't be loosening on a quick shift like the factory one is doing with its plastic threads.

I ordered it from here: ::SFR:: Seoulfulracing Online Store/Community

It is compatible with the reverse locking tab we have on the manual transmissions and it has metal threads to ensure a nice tight fit on the stick shift.

Note: The rubber rings are medium red color not the orange look that the iPhone is capturing.

#4 ·
I had requested Seoulfulracing to include just the System Racing lettering badge but they sent me the 5 speed badge which the reverse doesn't match the pattern. Not that I look at the pattern anymore but would have been nicer with just the lettering. At least now I can laugh at whomever goes to borrow my car and can't get it in reverse... :) (I'm not evil, honest...)

#15 ·
Give it a year, there will be so many aftermarket parts for your car it will be crazy.
200 bucks is not all that bad for a dealer item. But i would sink 200$ elsewhere.
My buddy works @ a dealership and he scratched a viper gas cap. Set them back 700$ dealer cost. lol

#20 ·
I haven't looked into the auto shifters to see if any difference in thread design. You should be able to locate a couple of shops that sell and list the 2010 forte as compatible to see what thread size you need and if any special feature required to shift. The manual needed the reverse lock feature to work with our cars.

#21 ·
Most shift knobs are universal. MOMO for example comes with a bushing kit and will install on any shifter. I too have an auto and been looking around. The main thing to note with an auto is since you don't have a boot you really want to find one that matches the length of the stock auto knob. Otherwise to me at least it just kinda looks funny because you have that long rod sitting there with a ball on top.

#24 ·
The67beast, how the hell did u make that yourself?! Looks amazing man!! Except for the team of course lol any way u can make me one? But for MY team? U might not like the team but it would be very nice of u lol let's go YANKEES!!

#31 ·
I ordered some of the Pebbles. Now I just have to decide what I want under it. Working on a few ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.