Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of ordering this spoiler on my Racing Red Koup. I'm wondering what you all think about painting the spoiler Black as opposed to Red. I think the contrast would look good.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
it would look good like that if you put some more black accents on the car. like tinting the windows and having black rims

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
X 2 I agree with the above :)

2,213 Posts
i have the racing red koup also and i did the same with my car, except i put a huge black aluminum spoiler on it, having the windows tinted this weeked. i have the taillights blacked out, with the silver inserts in the rims removed. it came out good. i was actually thinking about putting some black graphics on the side of the car as well. havent decided yet

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a really nice spoiler, but it looks so much like the Civic Si stock spoiler.
I agree black if you have black accents.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Go for it! It'll be a nice accent to the silver.

It's a really nice spoiler, but it looks so much like the Civic Si stock spoiler.
I agree black if you have black accents.
It originally was a Civic spoiler. They (supplier) removed the center leg and adjusted the outboard legs to fit the Koup.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Go for it! It'll be a nice accent to the silver.

It originally was a Civic spoiler. They (supplier) removed the center leg and adjusted the outboard legs to fit the Koup.
Ha no shit? That's nuts. But I agree with adding more black before getting a black spoiler.

·
Registered
104 Posts
here's mine....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
JEEEEFFFFFFF DID IT! Lol. jeff613. Check out his profile. I have this spoiler in racing red right now. :) I loveee it. And jeff's spoiler is so sweet looking especially since his is sorta kinda matte black... CHECK IT OUT!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
It looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
JEEEEFFFFFFF DID IT! Lol. jeff613. Check out his profile. I have this spoiler in racing red right now. :) I loveee it. And jeff's spoiler is so sweet looking especially since his is sorta kinda matte black... CHECK IT OUT!

matte black on the red is what i was gonna suggest-

and yes- i got my spoiler in and got it mounted (same one as being discussed here) EB spoiler on EB SX koup- only thing i havent done was connect the brake light yet.........
seeing how its been some 20 years since i've played w/the the wires in my cars- i am going to take that step slowly and carefully.
i know its not rocket science to connect the lights- but still- i wanna be in the right frame of mind when i do the connections.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just got that spoiler on my koup today:) mines black on black tho
Hey Corey

Do you have any pics of your spoiler installed? I'm still lookin at that spoiler for my car and it would be black on black as well... so Just wanted to get an advanced look !!!

Also how much did it end up puttin ya back? and did you pay for installation too?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The spoiler was $300 and the install was $220 so $520 in total. Ill upload pics tomorrow. It was pouring yesterday and today so i haven't got a chance to take a pic yet.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hah, thanks everyone, just FYI. I got my headlights blacked out today, as well as the turn signals on the mirrors. Tail lights were already blacked out and I'm removing the silver inserts either this weekend or next weekend. Btw, that spoiler is on CARID for like $130 painted. So before anyone else goes out and buys it for more, take a look at it there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.