Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my clutch, new throw out/ slave assembly and the new one is different than the old one. From Kia. Even had them order a second one to make sure and the same one came in. The old one had a bleeder valve on a second line coming out of the bell housing. This one has a plastic nipple on the inlet line but doesn't seem to open or anything. Anyone here know how to bleed this style slave cylinder??
Font Automotive tire Camera accessory Auto part Cameras & optics

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,577 Posts
I can't see the details of the new slave cylinder - is there an additional plugged port on the new one that you could fit the old bleed tube to?

Camera accessory Automotive lighting Bicycle part Font Auto part

3rd Gen Manual-equipped Fortes only have a single tube with a bleeder in the line:

Sports equipment Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire

Looks like you let the fluid do the work by pushing in the clutch (hold down clutch pedal).

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Supposedly that's what in my 2010 Koup 2.4L 6speed. I haven't been able to get the chance for the $1,600.00 repair at the 3mile near me transmission repai shop.

That's what they quoted price to repair. I told my wife another $500 can get a new transmission. Shouldn't be $1,600?

The 1st time it was at the same transmission shop. My friend had burned out the clutch completely. They replaced the slave cylinder for $600-$700.

He got that fixed & now it's out. Don't know if they used OE./Factory or some pos Chineseium made from Autozone, O'Reillys?

He isn't a car guy. More a tech/keyboard warrior & selfie gamer/gets a hard on for Tesla type.

I asked him for the work order & where did they get the parts from. He said he didn't know. Just paid to get it fixed.

Now I need to get it fixed. Been sitting there for maybe 2 months. Wife doesn't want me to mess with it.

I'm a bad owner. It hurts ma soul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts