Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I signed paper work lastnight for her new 2011 Forte 5-door SX, Auto, Tech, Leather, Sunroof with the Clear White paint. We had to do some searching through the efforts of our dealer to track one down, so we don't take actual delivery until this evening. In the mean time they gave her a demo EX model for the day because they knew she didn't have a car. We sold her 2005 Equinox (she was the original owner) last week and used all of that as cash down. Fuel mileage and reliability were main factors in the sale of the Equinox.

I had her cross compare the Kia to the 2012 Focus SEL, the Mazda 3HB Grand Touring and the Hyundai Elantra Touring. The Forte-5 won out due to its comfort, drive and price:features ratio. I will note though, that if we could get the Mazda 3 seats in the Forte it would have been golden or if Mazda would sell the newest Mazda 6-wagon here in the states I'd be on a different forum. Otherwise, between the hatches it was a close call between the Forte and the Focus.

Anyhow, we're both happy with the prospect of the new car and future dealer experiences. On that note, we bought the car through Nationwide Kia of Maryland. They offer the whole "Dealer for life" program which they admit is a bit tasking, but it shouldn't be too hard to follow all of their rules and such. Basically the car has to go to them every 7500 miles for something, so I would suspect she'll be there every 12-20 months depending on her mileage.

For the dog lovers out there, a 8-yr old 80-lb lab/doberman mix fits in the hatch area. If he didn't we'd probably be looking at Subarus tonight.

We'll try to snatch some pictures of everything tonight through the weekend (weather is supposed to suck all week) and I'll come by to update my intro thread and start some others as well.

For those interested in price...we walked out the door financing $15k after putting down $8k in cash. That included all dealer and state cost (tax tags title etc). They didn't even charge for the dealer exchange like another dealer threatened to do.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds great. Welcome to the forum! Make sure you get a scratch protector for the top of your rear bumper with your dog riding back there.

I totally agree about the Mazda 6 wagon. We tried to find one used, even considered the protege5. After a long search we gave up because the few we found were high mileage or beat.

I found the focus sel very expensive comparatively. There's a thread with comments about the focus, but I haven't added more to it yet. What made you turn down that one specifically?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your story sounds the same as ours. We compared and test drove the same or similar models (Ford Focus, Mazda 3, etc). I actually put money down on a Mazada 3 to hold it while we drove to the Kia dealership. We also ended up with the Forte5 SX 2.4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.