Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Koup from Total Image (Robinson, PA) were I had full tint done on my Corsa Blue Forte Koup. I also had a black tint strip installed across the top of the windshield. I went with 20% full tint, and I really think that it makes the blue really pop now, I love it. Take a look at my picture and let me know what you think. Thanks.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks good! How much did you pay? I paid $130 for 20% all around, but I didn't get the strip on the windsheild.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks man. I paid 180 total with the stip. I'm installing my led tailights this upcoming week and getting them smoked close to the color of tint. I'm thinking it will go well with the tint and make the blue pop even more.:cool:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Looks good! Now...take your camera...and walk about 10 paces away from the car and take some more shots...LoL! your pictures are from too close to the car to get a real look at it...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i payed 80$ for mines all around except front windshield

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right! It insane here in Pittsburgh and hasnt stop snowing for a few weeks straight. Just as It is all over the east coast! Today was the first day I saw the sun in 2 weeks. We had two feet of snow withing a weeks time, Ive never seen this much snow in my life! YOUR RIGHT, C'MON SPRING!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks good. My SX Koup came with tinted windows. Mine was the one in the showroom that Kia had fixed all up to atrract customers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Planning on tint for my Titanium Koup. Any tips on removing rear deck in order to get complete coverage behind third brake light?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome job on the tints!!!! i want to do the same to my corsa blue koup as welll...but people around here wants to charge 250 for all around tints...whats the quality on your tints? did they use 3m?? loookin forward to see your smoke out tail lights and LED..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Planning on tint for my Titanium Koup. Any tips on removing rear deck in order to get complete coverage behind third brake light?
I had the tint done professionally so I do not really know how to take out the back piece. I tend to try anything major like that to the pros. As for your idea to have tint go all the way down, in my opinion, its not a good idea. A friend of mine with a koup had that done and not even 2 weeks after his tint was installed, he was pulled over, and the cop said the reason he even noticed that the tint wasn't stock is because it was covering and distorting the 3rd taillight. That's why i had them cut around it, i think it looks good. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome job on the tints!!!! i want to do the same to my corsa blue koup as welll...but people around here wants to charge 250 for all around tints...whats the quality on your tints? did they use 3m?? loookin forward to see your smoke out tail lights and LED..
actually 250 isn't that bad at all for all around if its done professionally by people that know what their doing. The worst thing is having your windows tinted badly by some one that has no idea what their doing and is just trying to make a quick buck. I got my tint at a local detail shop where they have skilled guys that know how to crawl in the right spots to get it just right. And even if a bubble or scratch ever appears it came with a lifetime warranty, so they must trust their work. No problems yet.:cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I paid $185 for a local shop to do mine in Wilkes barre PA. 35% all around. Sedan. Well worth it.
Ya thats a great price for a sedan. Mine was about that as you saw with the windshield strip, so It evens out. Good job, and see if your installer has a lifetime warranty on it, because one day you will benefit from that I guarantee it. Thats why im glad my installer will redo or fix it anytime free of charge.

Anyways:cool:, looks great man!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thats true, good point ross.....i am debating on getting tints in new jersey because i dont want to get pulled over by cops...but everyone here in jersey i see their cars are all tinted...i am about to just say F it and get the all around tints....the cop also told me that if u get a doctor to write u a prescription that u are allergic to sunlight and bring that to DMV and they give u a card if u get pulled over...u will be good to go and just show the card...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ya thats a great price for a sedan. Mine was about that as you saw with the windshield strip, so It evens out. Good job, and see if your installer has a lifetime warranty on it, because one day you will benefit from that I guarantee it. Thats why im glad my installer will redo or fix it anytime free of charge.

Anyways:cool:, looks great man!!!!
Yeah. They said they will replace / fix as long as it's not apparent that I screwed with it. Day after it was done they had a small bubble took it right back and they fixed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts