Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local RNR tire Express place (like Discount Tires) last week. Only have driven about 50miles on them.

Well this week when I hada chance to wash my Forte SX in months. I got to the wheels.

Well to my surprise the driver rear wheels lugnuts all 5 aren't mine at all. Don't know why RNR did this. They never once asked for permission to do this. They even called the phone to check & verify it was us at the # required on the application form.

I told my wife, sent her the pics of the unauthorized replacements. Going back to get all new replacement wheel lugnuts. I'm not gonna deal with 2 security lugnut keys. Also I hand checked with my key (wheels& key I bought from Discount Tires) 2 of the RNR lug nuts are ovalish/not perfectly circular. 3 are no problem sliding in & having some type of grip. The 2 that are NOT allowing my key won't go in.

The RNR vs Discount Tires lug nut lengths are way different. I removed one of the good (but very shot) RNR & Discount Tires to prove my point.

I'm very apprehensive when I removed the RNR lugnut. The Discount Tire lug nut key feels like it's wanting to slip & doesn't have the length to withstand torque like the rest of the Discount Tires lugnuts.

Yes the wheels were bought & installed from Discount Tires for the whole time I bought my Kia Forte Koup from my friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
WTH!!! I’d be pissed off too! Not cool

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
249 Posts
Whoa! The picture actually looks as if that lugnut is a different thread, looks a tad wider than the stud, metric vs. imperial thread? In any case, very unprofessional, to mount different lug nuts. I'd be livid. Wish you good success in getting back what is yours.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Super Moderator
277 Posts
Yeah that's completely ridiculous. They can either get your lugnuts back or replace the whole set.

Last year when I went to go put my winter tires on, I realized at some point one of the various garages I went to stole/lost the secure lugnut socket and so put the non-lock lugnuts on. The set was now useless (at least I wasn't stuck with the lock lugnuts on the car with no key!). We never know what goes on when we leave our cars with people who don't care.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I reckon they lost one of the nuts and ended up replacing the entire x5 with whatever leftovers they had on hand so it wouldn't look too obvious.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, wife & I are going on Tuesday. I'm getting either my old one back if not, I'm getting all new ones for free.

I wanted to go with Discount Tires. We've never had any problems for 15yrs. We saw RNR & though why not.

RNR has no 800 # or customer service email. Just an address & office non 800 #. I have to call Florida office. RNR is a franchise. I'd expect a central headquarters with 800# customer service/complaints dept.

I'm not messing with the lugnuts they installed without consent knowledge permission & authorization. Especially when they're ovalish.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went today to RNR. A new guy I spoke to said that "we don't use those, you didn't get these here" I turn to the cashier/service writer & he says nothing. I tell the tech "he was there when we got the new tires from this RNR. He helped & wrote up the contract & was calling us on my wife's phone 5 times to let us know that they're closing, we need to finish the paperwork, the car is ready, we need to finish the paperwork. This was last week. Check surveillance video of you want proof"

The tech said "we don't use these at all. Those are 5 spline & those are junk & your studs are already showing rust"

I told him "exactly, during the 5 phone calls, we never go asked at all. I never asked for these sh*tty lugnuts & I didn't authorized them either. I want my old ones back. If not then I want all new lugnuts that will fit 100% fit my key from Discount Tires. I also want all of my old lugnuts as well".

After about 20min. I got my new ones that fit my lugnut key & all my old 1's minus the 5 they used.

Moral.of my story. Check your tires & wheels before leaving.

Wife & I learned our lesson. We'll stay with Discount Tires from now on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Happy ending at least but I can't believe they actually fought you on it.

Did it needed to get escalated to management?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Happy ending at least but I can't believe they actually fought you on it.

Did it needed to get escalated to management?
No escalating required, I called out the manager that was there. The typical type that don't want to deal with eff ups until the customer is fed up. I even told him & wife told him. He just told us "ok, they'll take care if you" & went back to talking on the phone about payment.

After the fix. He was telling my wife that if we pay off the $646.00 next week it would be better & beneficial for us than to them. It's cheaper to do the bi weekly payments" I said "No, that's another way of stretching the high intrest & the principle note & debt never gets paid. It's all on the intrest. So we're paying the tires & there better not be ANY early pay penalties & you know it. Companies want to keep you paying intrest. Also stop calling our phones every damn day about late payment. Hasn't been a month & already getting calls & texts from this RNR to pay already. That's harrassment & it's not them or the system. It's here at this location that inputted the info"

I stood there making sure that the changes were being made on the new sheet was being written out & info fixed.

I wasn't being a jerk, just asserting my dominance when it should've been handled by "professionals" & not by the customers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts