Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Got this 13 forte and after doing this once over with brakes and oil change the oil pressure light came on.

The oil pressure light stays off initially and then about 20-30 seconds in the light just stays on. Searching the forums show a lot of people having faulty sensors I thought that's what it is and kept driving along.

Then I hear Rodney calling. Immediately I went to replace my oil filter with a kia OEM piece and replaced it in a parking lot. Initially the light stayed off and the noise was gone but soon enough it came right back. The knocking noise came back as the oil pressure light went on as well.

Now I'm in a gas station waiting for a tow. What is the typical reason for this? Oil pump failure? Oil filter not correct (although I just installed OEM) or the engine is doomed anyway?

It's done 205km so about 140k miles. It's a bit too early to fail isn't it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Have you had an OBD2 scanned? Autozone & O'Reilly's can do a scan to see what DTC's/codes are showing up.

If you have an OBD2 scanner/analyzer that's even better.

I've never had any mechanical problems with my 2010 Forte. I've been lucky, so far.

Can you post & upload your Forte noise/problem?

Knock? There's no real way of knowing what kind of knocking unless it's really loud, constant throughout any & all rpm's & speeds. If it's on extreme cold weather/cold weather/fridge, freeze cold weather, Fortes don't seem to like any coldness at all.

Ticking warm ups is normal due to being aluminum, fuel injectors, typical engine noises. It's really effing cold in my city in Tx, so I'm trying to avoid turning on my Forte. Don't need it messing up. I do get a ticking noise since I've owned my Forte, even when my friend bought it. The ticking has been the same. No change in intensity & timing. It's been constant & steadfast throughout rpm's, speeds, gears & loads. Been lucky so far.

I've read thru as much as I can about ticking, ticking grenade engine syndromes, low oil, engine oil starving, not checking their fluids on the regular. Using non OEM/factory filters, pushing their cars like F&F/forza/Need for speed when their vehicles don't have the parts/mods.

Then you have the rare Fortes that are just plain lemons/bad from day one from the manufacturer/factory because of metal shavings, faulty pistons, piston skirt slapping, bearing failures, severely gouged cylinders walls that weren't removed/flushed out & left by Kia/Hyundai manufacturers.

No real way without taking your Forte to your local/nearest Kia/Hyundai dealership, a trusted garage & get it OBD2 scanner/analyzed & retrieve any DTC's/codes & go from there.

Hope it's nothing major & it's something small that was over looked.

Let us know with pics/vids, before & after & the fixes.

Anthony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts