Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am from Nebraska and I am fairly new to the Kia world. Getting ready to trade in my 2017 optima LX FE, for a 2022 forte LXS Gravity grey with tech package. I have one photo from the dealership, so I’ll be providing photos of the car once I get it :) I’ve been waiting for about 2 weeks and I’m expected to get the new car Friday evening. I’m super excited and would love to hear opinions on the radio, the get up and go on the LXS and the lane assist.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Post/upload interior, exterior & engine bay pics. Welcome to Forteforums.com. use the search it's your friend. If you still can't find info, tech, Diys, precise answers, ask away.

We'll try the best we can to answer & help.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,187 Posts
Welcome to forteforums!

Looking forward to your car pics.
Lane assist keeps my car going straighter then any other car I've owned...I like it!
Does yours have smart cruise? I like how the car maintains speed with traffic - and you can choose how close you want to be behind the cars in front of you. Still having to get used to the braking system when cars turn ahead of me...lol!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to forteforums!

Looking forward to your car pics.
Lane assist keeps my car going straighter then any other car I've owned...I like it!
Does yours have smart cruise? I like how the car maintains speed with traffic - and you can choose how close you want to be behind the cars in front of you. Still having to get used to the braking system when cars turn ahead of me...lol!
Unfortunately I do not think it includes the smart cruise control. Before I got my 17 optima I was looking at a 19 optima LXS (I think) and it had the lane assist and it was super nice. I knew I needed it in this new vehicle for sure.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,187 Posts
Unfortunately I do not think it includes the smart cruise control. Before I got my 17 optima I was looking at a 19 optima LXS (I think) and it had the lane assist and it was super nice. I knew I needed it in this new vehicle for sure.

I Wonder what "Lane Following Assist" does?

LXS comes with FE features plus:

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Wonder what "Lane Following Assist" does?

LXS comes with FE features plus:

View attachment 85571
Lane keep assist keeps you in your lane, but with your hands on the wheel. Lane follow assist is the “self driving” option. It goes fully off of the cars in front of you and the lines on the ground to guide the car. Someone can pipe in if any of that is inaccurate, but this is what I got from watching a few YouTube videos. I do not believe that includes the smart cruise control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lane keep assist keeps you in your lane, but with your hands on the wheel. Lane follow assist is the “self driving” option. It goes fully off of the cars in front of you and the lines on the ground to guide the car. Someone can pipe in if any of that is inaccurate, but this is what I got from watching a few YouTube videos. I do not believe that includes the smart cruise control.
Or it could be vice Versa with the LKA and LFA.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I think it works like smart cruise as it maintains distance from the car in front of you when cruise is on. See if that is true.

No, it doesn't look like it:

CK - 2022 Kia Forte - How To Turn On & Off Your Lane Keep/Lane Follow Assist! - YouTube

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations.

I have a 2022 Orange Fire LXS and so far, knock on wood, there have been no maintenance issues. I think Kia is building a quality car.

My previous car was a 2019 Sonata, so your experience will be much like mine. The good news is that the Forte is much more sporty and fun to drive. Visability is better and the interior should be functionally as nice as your Optima. More electronic features in the Forte, too. Insurance is 10 percent cheaper for me and, of course, you will be getting better gas mileage. More good news: the IVT transmission isn't awful like other CVTs and will mimic the six speed in your Optima

Bad news is that the smaller Forte engine has to rev more to achieve the same acceleration. For me, I tend to drive slower in the Forte than the Sonata as I back off the throttle because it sounds like I am over reving the engine in relation to the Sonata. This also shows up during highway driving as I look at the tachometer and see it way higher than what I am used to.

The remedy is to turn up the radio volume a little to mask the "screaming" engine and to use cruise control on the highway. I've made a few trips in the Forte in cruise and got 44 and better mpg. You should do even better on the smooth and flat Nebraska highways.

I am concerned about not having a spare tire. I think I will buy a can of fix 'o flat as my first line of defense as the Kia system seems a bit complicated.

The Forte seems better in snow than my old Sonata. Easier to park, too. Front seat room isn't much different from the larger Sonata, but the Forte's back seat is tight. With four people onboard I use the Sport transmission setting to compensate for the additional weight.

Lastly, few people know about the Forte so people think it is a European car, which is kind of fun.

Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Congratulations.

I have a 2022 Orange Fire LXS and so far, knock on wood, there have been no maintenance issues. I think Kia is building a quality car.

My previous car was a 2019 Sonata, so your experience will be much like mine. The good news is that the Forte is much more sporty and fun to drive. Visability is better and the interior should be functionally as nice as your Optima. More electronic features in the Forte, too. Insurance is 10 percent cheaper for me and, of course, you will be getting better gas mileage. More good news: the IVT transmission isn't awful like other CVTs and will mimic the six speed in your Optima

Bad news is that the smaller Forte engine has to rev more to achieve the same acceleration. For me, I tend to drive slower in the Forte than the Sonata as I back off the throttle because it sounds like I am over reving the engine in relation to the Sonata. This also shows up during highway driving as I look at the tachometer and see it way higher than what I am used to.

The remedy is to turn up the radio volume a little to mask the "screaming" engine and to use cruise control on the highway. I've made a few trips in the Forte in cruise and got 44 and better mpg. You should do even better on the smooth and flat Nebraska highways.

I am concerned about not having a spare tire. I think I will buy a can of fix 'o flat as my first line of defense as the Kia system seems a bit complicated.

The Forte seems better in snow than my old Sonata. Easier to park, too. Front seat room isn't much different from the larger Sonata, but the Forte's back seat is tight. With four people onboard I use the Sport transmission setting to compensate for the additional weight.

Lastly, few people know about the Forte so people think it is a European car, which is kind of fun.

Enjoy your new car.
I bought the spare tire kit for my Daughter's GT-Line and bought the right size tire off Amazon:

Product Font Screenshot Software Web page

The correct size tire is listed on the decal set you get with the spare kit (depending on model and what wheels it has).

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
366 Posts
Congratulations.

Enjoy your new car.
There should be a 12 volt air pump as well as a can of fix a flat in the tire well in the trunk. Both my 2021 Forte had and my 2017 Rio as well as my 2013 Accent. If there is no spare both the pump and fix a flat will be there. This is from the 2021 Forte Owners Manual...
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That must be on the basis that the owner will also be replacing the clogged ruined TPMS sensor or sensors. From personal lemming experiences, I've ruined several TPMS sensors. Lesson learned the hard way when TPMS sensors (metal stem) started being common instead of a luxury item/upgrade.

You'll never see that junk at a real dealership, tire repair shop, garage or automotive repair shop.

Not fun & stupid expensive when I would ruin costumers TPMS sensors even when told to stop when I was in my teens.

That tire slime/ fix o flat are for non TPMS sensored wheels. Bicycles, basketballs, volleyballs, wheel barrows, gators, ride on mowers, hand trucks/dollies.

I'm surprised that any vehicle manufacturer states to use tire slime/fix o flat. I'd for sure use to get out of the problem. Not as a "OK, it's fixed".

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
366 Posts
That must be on the basis that the owner will also be replacing the clogged ruined TPMS sensor or sensors. From personal lemming experiences, I've ruined several TPMS sensors. Lesson learned the hard way when TPMS sensors (metal stem) started being common instead of a luxury item/upgrade.

You'll never see that junk at a real dealership, tire repair shop, garage or automotive repair shop.

Not fun & stupid expensive when I would ruin costumers TPMS sensors even when told to stop when I was in my teens.

That tire slime/ fix o flat are for non TPMS sensored wheels. Bicycles, basketballs, volleyballs, wheel barrows, gators, ride on mowers, hand trucks/dollies.

I'm surprised that any vehicle manufacturer states to use tire slime/fix o flat. I'd for sure use to get out of the problem. Not as a "OK, it's fixed".
Not only state but supply a can in the kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts