Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up y’all! From the PNW here. Just got a 2021 forte GT 6spd on April 3rd. So about 20 days! Rolled her off the lot with 12 miles on it! Pretty cool since I never bought a brand new car before. What I didn’t know was that there were different trim models with heated and cooled seats, dual climate control, remote start and nav. Granted it has android and apple play which is absolutely fantastic so no need for the nav. But didn’t know those were available. Heated seats would have been nice for the wife. Oh well! She’s about to roll over 1500 miles in the next few days. First mod was about 750 miles ago and that was the muffler. Got the shop to chop it off. Made them very uncomfortable doing that in a car with such low miles. Didn’t want to void my warranty. Which I’m not super worried about since my service advisor signed off on that. Got them to do a custom exhaust which sounds incredible! Next will be the Takeda momentum CAI then the race chip gts piggy back. Unless someone has a better opinion!
Looking forward to seeing y’alls cars and the progress!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats! Had a friend who deleted the muffler and he found it very uncomfortable because it was loud and obnoxious ALL the time. So in the end he put the muffler back on. It's good to have an adjustable option so that you can control the volume when the situation calls for it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats! Had a friend who deleted the muffler and he found it very uncomfortable because it was loud and obnoxious ALL the time. So in the end he put the muffler back on. It's good to have an adjustable option so that you can control the volume when the situation calls for it.
Electric cut off exhaust valve may be an option in my future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m actually debating wether or not to do a resonator delete. My ‘09 Passat 2.0T TSI had a full 3” Catless turbo back exhaust no cats, no muffler, no resonator. It got lots of compliments. It wasn’t too loud. But when you stepped on it she definitely woke up. It was APR stage 2+, big turbo, cold air intake. Some more stuff internal I can’t remember. She was 334hp to the wheels. I love the sound of exhaust. I can listen to tasteful exhaust all day. I used to put now 8yo son to sleep when he was a wee tike like 6mo old to sleep with exhaust compilations!
I’m rambling now. Anyhow I like the way it sounds with the new exhaust. I’ll take a picture of it. They did a really good job on it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT. Black.
31 Posts
What’s up y’all! From the PNW here. Just got a 2021 forte GT 6spd on April 3rd. So about 20 days! Rolled her off the lot with 12 miles on it! Pretty cool since I never bought a brand new car before. What I didn’t know was that there were different trim models with heated and cooled seats, dual climate control, remote start and nav. Granted it has android and apple play which is absolutely fantastic so no need for the nav. But didn’t know those were available. Heated seats would have been nice for the wife. Oh well! She’s about to roll over 1500 miles in the next few days. First mod was about 750 miles ago and that was the muffler. Got the shop to chop it off. Made them very uncomfortable doing that in a car with such low miles. Didn’t want to void my warranty. Which I’m not super worried about since my service advisor signed off on that. Got them to do a custom exhaust which sounds incredible! Next will be the Takeda momentum CAI then the race chip gts piggy back. Unless someone has a better opinion!
Looking forward to seeing y’alls cars and the progress!
Welcome! I'm also from WA. I have the RaceChip GTS and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good all weather cars.
Do either of you guys go to the 76 in auburn that has the truck gas 100 octane pump gas? I used to fill up my Passat 2.0T with their 100 octane but I had the tune for it. Can these cars handle the 100 octane with no tune? And do you know if this states premium gas is 91 or 92? I actually never pod attention. I just put premium.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Do either of you guys go to the 76 in auburn that has the truck gas 100 octane pump gas? I used to fill up my Passat 2.0T with their 100 octane but I had the tune for it. Can these cars handle the 100 octane with no tune? And do you know if this states premium gas is 91 or 92? I actually never pod attention. I just put premium.
Kia requirement: 87 Octane.

I tried 93 octane and felt NO increase in power - NONE! I have gone back to 89 octane and enjoy the performance of my GT! 100 Octane would be an absolute waste IMO.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT. Black.
31 Posts
Not for years, back in 01 when I had a very modified 1990 Supra I did.

So far the GTS chip on map 7 does great on good ole 7-11 premium :)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
你们中的任何一个是否都去过拥有卡车汽油100辛烷值泵气的奥本76号?我过去常常用他们的100辛烷值填充帕萨特2.0T,但是我有自己的调子。这些汽车可以无声处理100辛烷值吗?而且您知道这是说高级汽油是91还是92吗?我实际上从来没有注意过。我只是加溢价。
Has any of you ever been to Auburn 76, which has a truckload of petrol with 100 octane pumps? I used to fill Passat 2.0T with their 100 octanes, but I had my own tune. Can these cars silently process 100 octanes? And do you know if this means premium gasoline is 91 or 92? I've never actually noticed. I'm just adding a premium.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Forte5 EX
16 Posts
Has any of you ever been to Auburn 76, which has a truckload of petrol with 100 octane pumps? I used to fill Passat 2.0T with their 100 octanes, but I had my own tune. Can these cars silently process 100 octanes? And do you know if this means premium gasoline is 91 or 92? I've never actually noticed. I'm just adding a premium.
Boss said that earlier(well close enough) . No idea why that's been reposted in Chinese.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey! Hope everyone is having a great day! It’s Friday eve! So I was googling some headers for the 2021 forte GT and haven’t seen anything yet. Does anyone know if they make a set? And I know it’s stupid but I want my exhaust to pop every time I shift and down shift. How can I achieve this?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Hey! Hope everyone is having a great day! It’s Friday eve! So I was googling some headers for the 2021 forte GT and haven’t seen anything yet. Does anyone know if they make a set? And I know it’s stupid but I want my exhaust to pop every time I shift and down shift. How can I achieve this?
I don't think an affordable header would be feasible. I think if you get the cat-back Evilla exhaust you'd be happy with the sound! I'm enjoying the DSG "farts" with the Evilla cat-back exhaust and I have the DCT.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts