Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT. Black.
36 Posts
I don't think an affordable header would be feasible. I think if you get the cat-back Evilla exhaust you'd be happy with the sound! I'm enjoying the DSG "farts" with the Evilla cat-back exhaust and I have the DCT.
I'm very happy with the custom exhaust I am running. Any T shaped muffler will fit the axle back portion, and imo the mid pipe is great... Just remove the resonator.
The downpipe is the only expensive exhaust add on that I would think I will eventual need to do. The Evilla exhaust is nice though. I just got my Evilla stage 1 suspension kit in the mail today, so I can finally feel safe throwing the Eibach's on the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Currently I have a custom exhaust. I do want to remove the resonator. That’ll probably happen by the time the weekend is over. And still not sure which intake to get. I’m debating on the aFe takeda or the takeda momentum. aFe is 60% more flow than factory +14hp +13tq and 435cfm, momentum is 47% more flow than factory +16hp +14tq and 305cfm. I’m just not sure how less work flow equals more hp?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Currently I have a custom exhaust. I do want to remove the resonator. That’ll probably happen by the time the weekend is over. And still not sure which intake to get. I’m debating on the aFe takeda or the takeda momentum. aFe is 60% more flow than factory +14hp +13tq and 435cfm, momentum is 47% more flow than factory +16hp +14tq and 305cfm. I’m just not sure how less work flow equals more hp?
The numbers are with a tune maybe? I went with the Injen intake. It is about 50$ cheaper than the Takeda. It won't be listed for the Forte GT, but it is a perfect fit if you order the 1.6t hyundai version. I just got it because it was cheap.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The turbo/engine doesn't have to suck so hard to bring in air. If you take a look at the factory intake notice the small diameter pipe from the radiator support opening to the filter box - not only is the pipe diameter small it has three 90 degree bends in it before it gets to the filter box. That certainly controls noise but it doesn't allow a lot of air flow - especially at high rpms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So which will perform better? I know you like your aFe! But why does it have less HP than the momentum? I highly doubt I’ll notice the 2hp increase with momentum and the aFe is $30 cheaper!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I’m guessing a typo? Since the momentum has less airflow than the aFe? Do I need a tune to run an aftermarket CAI?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I’m guessing a typo? Since the momentum has less airflow than the aFe? Do I need a tune to run an aftermarket CAI?
Don't need a tune to install and enjoy an aftermarket intake. IMO the aFe Takeda Stage 2 intake is better for sound...:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Don't need a tune to install and enjoy an aftermarket intake. IMO the aFe Takeda Stage 2 intake is better for sound...:)
So I’m going to get the aFe intake and do a resonator delete. I want to do more go fast parts but I’m not sure what else to do that doesn’t require a tune. I want to do the intercooler and hot pipe kit with the av6 bov from sxth also.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
So I’m going to get the aFe intake and do a resonator delete. I want to do more go fast parts but I’m not sure what else to do that doesn’t require a tune. I want to do the intercooler and hot pipe kit with the av6 bov from sxth also.
SXTH Intercooler kit comes with the larger hot pipe AND cold pipe. Good choice. If you do the intercooler kit you have to take off the front bumper/fascia - good time to install the Velossa-Tech big mouth intake too...LOL!

SXTH Element Intercooler kit, Velossa Tech big mouth, and Takeda Stage 2 intake installed:

I recommend the Evilla motorsports cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow resonator on mid pipe and their sport resonator on the axle-back portion. Nice deep sound

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
SXTH Intercooler kit comes with the larger hot pipe AND cold pipe. Good choice. If you do the intercooler kit you have to take off the front bumper/fascia - good time to install the Velossa-Tech big mouth intake too...LOL!

SXTH Element Intercooler kit, Velossa Tech big mouth, and Takeda Stage 2 intake installed:
View attachment 82448

I recommend the Evilla motorsports cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow resonator on mid pipe and their sport resonator on the axle-back portion. Nice deep sound
I’m down with that! I think I’ll hit mine with the stencil they provide because it looks cool and adds 200hp! You think it’ll be louder with the evilla cat back than with a resonator delete and muffler delete? Or just a different sound? I was thinking of adding their down pipe too.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I’m down with that! I think I’ll hit mine with the stencil they provide because it looks cool and adds 200hp! You think it’ll be louder with the evilla cat back than with a resonator delete and muffler delete? Or just a different sound? I was thinking of adding their down pipe too.
Won't be louder then a muffler and resonator delete. You sure you want it loud all the time?

·
Registered
36 Posts
May I suggest this- Different Trend® 49206 - Flow II Series Oval Exhaust Muffler (2.5" Center ID, 2.5" Dual OD, 18" Length)
It is a FlowMaster knockoff, and fits perfect... Sounds great with resonator delete. It allows you to reuse the majority of the stock pipes (which are honestly pretty straight and clean).
My whole system custom costs about 450 total for the catback, and that was with paying a welder (never bolt on an exhaust).... It's only an 18" muffler, so it is very loud, just not straight pipe loud.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My whole system custom costs about 450 total for the catback, and that was with paying a welder (never bolt on an exhaust).... It's only an 18" muffler, so it is very loud, just not straight pipe loud.
If it is all stainless steel that would be a super price!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So I already have a stainless steel exhaust with muffler delete. It’s just not loud enough for me. So I want to do the resonator delete too. The shop I did it at has done the exhaust on every car I have owned and they do a killer job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So I already have a stainless steel exhaust with muffler delete. It’s just not loud enough for me. So I want to do the resonator delete too. The shop I did it at has done the exhaust on every car I have owned and they do a killer job.
And I only paid $275. With the resonator delete I’ll be in it $350 after tax.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yo! What’s up y’all! Got the resonator delete and quad tips today! The quad tips look so sick! No pictures yet. But I’m super happy with the way it looks! They’re just dual black tips on each side.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts