Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. I just bought my Koup EX in March.

I'm looking at increasing the performance of my car, though I have no idea where to start looking.

Where should I start, at least with inexpensive upgrades?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Hey, everyone. I just bought my Koup EX in March.

I'm looking at increasing the performance of my car, though I have no idea where to start looking.

Where should I start, at least with inexpensive upgrades?
Congrat and welcome!

Try exhaust and CAI........ but you should have bought an SX if you're into performance!

·
Registered
453 Posts
intake, exhaust, header. just wait a few more months and im sure there will be cams, heads, valves, ect. thats what i plan on doing. the sx is ok if you want bolt-on power, but if your gonna build a motor 2.0 is the way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
intake, exhaust, header. just wait a few more months and im sure there will be cams, heads, valves, ect. thats what i plan on doing. the sx is ok if you want bolt-on power, but if your gonna build a motor 2.0 is the way.
I don't want to de-rail the thread but I am not sure I understand this response and I would like to since I have a EX. Could you please elaborate?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't want to de-rail the thread but I am not sure I understand this response and I would like to since I have a EX. Could you please elaborate?
the 2.4 is the same motor as the 2.0. the 2.4 is bored out, therefor making the cylinder walls thinner. sure you can build a 2.4, but with the thicker walls, and forged bottom end you would be able to slap a turbo on with no worries. the only part is we have to wait for a company to make these parts.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i plan on buying all my suspension parts first from ultra racing, then ill mess will hp

·
Registered
973 Posts
2.0 has more cylinder wall thickness (ie strength under high pressure situations), which would come into play if you were going to go the whole 9 yards and get aftermarket cams, rods, pistons to change compression, and even help out with a forced induction application. If something goes wrong and you have to get the engine rebuilt, you can get it bored and honed to the oversize, which is the 2.4, and not have to try so hard to find pistons, rods, gaskets, and everything else.
I'm really glad I got the 2.0 over the 2.4, more displacement isn't always going to be more power. Don't let yourself fall into the mustang-bro mindset: a 500 whp srt-4 will outrun a 500 whp mustang cobra anyday of the week, and the neon's front wheel drive.
welcome to the 2.0 ranks!=]

·
Registered
204 Posts
the 2.4 is the same motor as the 2.0. the 2.4 is bored out, therefor making the cylinder walls thinner. sure you can build a 2.4, but with the thicker walls, and forged bottom end you would be able to slap a turbo on with no worries. the only part is we have to wait for a company to make these parts.
2.0 has more cylinder wall thickness (ie strength under high pressure situations), which would come into play if you were going to go the whole 9 yards and get aftermarket cams, rods, pistons to change compression, and even help out with a forced induction application. If something goes wrong and you have to get the engine rebuilt, you can get it bored and honed to the oversize, which is the 2.4, and not have to try so hard to find pistons, rods, gaskets, and everything else.
I'm really glad I got the 2.0 over the 2.4, more displacement isn't always going to be more power. Don't let yourself fall into the mustang-bro mindset: a 500 whp srt-4 will outrun a 500 whp mustang cobra anyday of the week, and the neon's front wheel drive.
I must say thanks for the response and this is some pretty interesting news. I don't know if I will ever be able to take advantage of this engine cause of cost but it's nice to know I can if I choose.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I must say thanks for the response and this is some pretty interesting news. I don't know if I will ever be able to take advantage of this engine cause of cost but it's nice to know I can if I choose.
not a problem, i hope you enjoy your forte as much as I enjoy mine=]
I hope I'll be able to build this engine to be what I want it to be eventually but if not, we still have an amazing little machine in our possession and I'll be having fun with it adn enjoying every second either way:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
yeah man youll love the 2.0. i plan on getting full intake and exhaust with cat deletes, but i want it to sound like an audi or infiniti, not a civic

has anyone heard of putting a stock g35 muffler on our cars

·
Registered
567 Posts
Now I wish I had gotten the koup in 2.0. Damn you for informing me ='[

1 - 14 of 14 Posts