Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a reply I recieved, when asking about the Injen CAI for the 2.0L Forte. I asked this on 23/07/2010

"
We have not fit our intake system designed for the 2.0L on the 2.4L models yet. We have a SX models coming in on Monday and will know for sure then. Thanks"

Paul Ho
Head of Research & Product Development

[email protected]
www.Injen.com
Injen Technology Co. Ltd.,
244 Pioneer Place
Pomona, CA. 91768

Injen Technology Main office (909) 839-0706
Fax (909) 839-0427

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'll be dropping my 2.4 Koup off with them on Monday, so I'll post up as soon as I know anything. Hopefully they'll be able to develop something!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be dropping my 2.4 Koup off with them on Monday, so I'll post up as soon as I know anything. Hopefully they'll be able to develop something!
Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
It will be a direct fit, there is no difference in parts from the TB out. Maybe that will make the price come down a bit.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It will be a direct fit, there is no difference in parts from the TB out. Maybe that will make the price come down a bit.
Just got back from Injen...with a free intake!! :) According to them, the only difference is that on the 2.4l, the throttle body intake sits an inch closer to the driver side fender than the 2.0l does. So all they had to do was add a slightly longer hose on.

I'll post pics later, but they did an awesome job! The filter sits so far under the left headlight you can't even see it, so it gets the most possible cold air. And it sounds amazing! :) All in all it's a great intake, and the two guys in R&D (Adrian and Paul) were extremely friendly.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, it adds 13HP and 10 Ft lbs of torque. Their emailing me the dyno tomorrow morning. Will post as soon as I can.

·
Registered
284 Posts
+13hp weel/crank either way Wow!

Wouldn't that mean more gain than turbokits?

Question:
Arent most air intakes pretty much the same, I mean a tube is a tube is a tube, and I understand MAF/MAP sensor mounts are imporant (not homedepot plumbing + silcone caulking), I always thought most important part of an air intake was the filter (ie. ebay kits are same as injen/k&n - just get a better filter)

Thanks!
-Forte333

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
+13hp weel/crank either way Wow!

Wouldn't that mean more gain than turbokits?

Question:
Arent most air intakes pretty much the same, I mean a tube is a tube is a tube, and I understand MAF/MAP sensor mounts are imporant (not homedepot plumbing + silcone caulking), I always thought most important part of an air intake was the filter (ie. ebay kits are same as injen/k&n - just get a better filter)

Thanks!
-Forte333
TurboKits.com was reporting the same crank 12 to 13HP gain. The dyno is at wheel.

·
Registered
696 Posts
As soon as I get the dyno from them, I'll post it up. Just waiting for the e-mail...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Thank you for your offer but unfortunately we have already completed all test for the 2010 Forte 2.0L. Part# SP1320P

Paul Ho

[email protected]
www.Injen.com
244 Pioneer Place
Pomona, CA. 91768

Fax (909) 839-0427

No free intake for me ha-ha... It was worth a try...

·
Registered
284 Posts
TurboKits.com was reporting the same crank 12 to 13HP gain. The dyno is at wheel.

So I guess it comes down to personal preference tk/injen?

I'd assume the tubes would be almost the same.

One question comes to mind to whoever gets one of these (the injen one) does it come with the ECU relocation mount? Also how much!?

I see new tks for 250 and I believe they are shipping them out with the ecu mount now.

If anyone knows please let me know.

-Forte333

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,208 Posts
So I guess it comes down to personal preference tk/injen?

I'd assume the tubes would be almost the same.

One question comes to mind to whoever gets one of these (the injen one) does it come with the ECU relocation mount? Also how much!?

I see new tks for 250 and I believe they are shipping them out with the ecu mount now.

If anyone knows please let me know.

-Forte333

TK intake comes with an ECU bracket to hold the ECU.

Injen and Takeda intakes come with a cover for the Filter box -- you keep the original intake "plumbing" in place from the front of the car to the original filter box so there is some air flow over the ECU's heat sink.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well , this is what I've got from Injen Tech Support

The engine configuration on the 2.4L models is a little different. We are getting ready to release the intake system design specifically for the 2.4L models. Part# SP1321

Paul Ho

[email protected]
www.Injen.com
244 Pioneer Place
Pomona, CA. 91768

Fax (909) 839-0427

FYI Auto Parts & Auto Accessories at AutoAnything - Truck Accessories, Car Accessories & Aftermarket Parts carries the CAI for the 2.0 and they have free shipping and always some 10% discount offer , which brings the total to $233.96 , I'll go for that
so I'm just waiting and see what they come up with

·
Registered
284 Posts
TK intake comes with an ECU bracket to hold the ECU.

Injen and Takeda intakes come with a cover for the Filter box -- you keep the original intake "plumbing" in place from the front of the car to the original filter box so there is some air flow over the ECU's heat sink.

Thanks for the info.

Question: what would you say is better for ECU airflow cooling. the TK mount or filterbox cover+factory ducting.

-Forte333

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,208 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Question: what would you say is better for ECU airflow cooling. the TK mount or filterbox cover+factory ducting.

-Forte333
IMO the cover with original plumbing will provide some cooler air flow while driving. I don't have anything to back that up...just estimating -- expect the front part of the intake to continue to direct the air to the filter box.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thanks for the info.

-Forte333
I would say the bracket since it allows air to pass over the heatsink fins and doesn't block the dispersion of that heat. With the air box removed there is alot of extra space for air to flow. At a standstill in traffic the radiator fan will cause air to flow around the engine compartment where as the stock design when not connected to the engine intake and there fore no forced air intake from the engine will leave the airbox with no moving air (unless you have a headwind forcing air into the factory intake tubing) but the fins on the top of the air box will at least allow heat to escape at its leisure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.