Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that you CANNOT lock your doors from outside with the engine running? The second keyfob will not work, and if you lock the door manually, the driver's door will unlock automatically. While this is technically nice, so you won't lock yourself out with the engine running, it's a pain for me if I want to warm up my car on a really cold morning. I mean, I could get a remote starter, but they're not cheap, especially if you want the remotes programmed to do everything the factory fobs do (I mean, who wants to carry around 2 remotes?).

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
low jack my friend looooow jack

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found the same problem, I lock all doors with the driver door open. Driver door auto unlocks; close the door, take 2nd key, lock door manually. All locked up; works for me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll try to lock manually next time. If I had a house, I'd be less worried, but I live in an apartment building and a lot of people have quick access to the car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Has anyone noticed that you CANNOT lock your doors from outside with the engine running? The second keyfob will not work, and if you lock the door manually, the driver's door will unlock automatically. While this is technically nice, so you won't lock yourself out with the engine running, it's a pain for me if I want to warm up my car on a really cold morning. I mean, I could get a remote starter, but they're not cheap, especially if you want the remotes programmed to do everything the factory fobs do (I mean, who wants to carry around 2 remotes?).
Actually remote starters are cheap. Here is one for $67 bucks.
Bulldog Security RS1100 Bulldog Remote Starter with Keyless Entry

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the starter is cheap.

Starter - $50
Basic install - $100
Extra key w/programming - $80
Key box (for bypass) with install - $80
Remote door/trunk unlock programming - $50
Manual transmission extra parts and labour - $50

Subtotal - $410
Taxes (Ontario) - $53.30

Grand total - $463.30 <----- This is how much a $50 starter actually costs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts