Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be testing the TurboKits CAI intake soon. I plan to post pics of my journey and work hard to make sure we get the needed feedback to Turbokits for the intake.

On a related note--I found a new and cool air filter that just I finished testing on my 2007 3.8l Sorento. Wow! The filter has a velocity stack and air horn which allows the car to inhale easier and faster. The car pulls harder in the mid-range.

I plan to test the Fujita F5 on the CAI tube from Turbokits and on my 300+hp turbo-miata. Best of all--it's dryflow! No more oiling!

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Soar, I heard Fujita was looking for Forte test vehicle. Sedan, Koup. both not sure.

Side note: My neighbour been quite happy with his Fujita intake.

Top view of Fujita filter:

Specs:
Fujita’s Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ was designed to maximize air flow. The high gloss Fujita air horn enables air to enter the intake chamber in a high velocity spiral motion. The base of the filter was technically engineered to ensure a smooth and rapid passage of the air into the intake chamber.

Sizes:
Available sizes are 2.50”, 2.75”, 3.00” 3.50” , 4.50",3.50" Long, and 4.00" Long opening bases. The filters dimensions are 4.625” top, 6.00” base, and 6.75” in length (3.50" Long and 4.00" Long filters available in 10" length only).

Cleaning:
Cleaning the air filter is simple and can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. The Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ contains a synthetic fiber that does not contain any oil.

Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems

·
Registered
696 Posts
I will be testing the TurboKits CAI intake soon. I plan to post pics of my journey...
I would hope your not driving out there! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced a K&N 7 inch tapered cone with the F5. What a difference!!!!

I beleive this is for two reasons.

1. Air Horn and Velocity stack--this is what makes the mid-range pop.

2. Dry vs. Wet technology--I believe this is part of the mid-range magic as well... Easier to breath through dry than wet.... I will never own another "wet oil" filter after this experience!

I plan to dyno my Sorento and the Forte again soon. The Sorento made 241 whp through the K&N and a 3" intake tube. Since then, I've gone up to 3.5 inch intake tube and now the Fuijta in steps.

I am guessing the Sorento will come in around 250-255whp mark. It pulls harder than ever!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soar, I heard Fujita was looking for Forte test vehicle. Sedan, Koup. both not sure.

Side note: My neighbour been quite happy with his Fujita intake.

Top view of Fujita filter:

Specs:
Fujita’s Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ was designed to maximize air flow. The high gloss Fujita air horn enables air to enter the intake chamber in a high velocity spiral motion. The base of the filter was technically engineered to ensure a smooth and rapid passage of the air into the intake chamber.

Sizes:
Available sizes are 2.50”, 2.75”, 3.00” 3.50” , 4.50",3.50" Long, and 4.00" Long opening bases. The filters dimensions are 4.625” top, 6.00” base, and 6.75” in length (3.50" Long and 4.00" Long filters available in 10" length only).

Cleaning:
Cleaning the air filter is simple and can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. The Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ contains a synthetic fiber that does not contain any oil.

Fujita Competition Air Intake Systems
When I first saw this filter I thought the top was open...It's not. The top forms a sharp cone shaped airfoil (air horn) inside the filter assembly. The base is a stepped trumpet shape. Combine these two and you get smooth ingestion and increased velocity....

I was bummed when I got the filter and saw this...but...I am very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Soar, just to add to youre velocity stack review with the Fujita F5 filter

Turbo Hoses R&D has a velocity stack, that clamps to the filter, then you can weld it to the intake pipe. You have one in front with filter & then a 2nd one after the filter but before the intake pipe. They have some interesting results posted.

Blox racing also has velocity stacks as well as BPI.

Turbo Hoses R&D: Turbohoses AirRam & Velocity Stacks, Velocity Stack, Air Ram, Intake, Airram Intake, Turbohoses Intake
BPI: BPi - Performance Velocity Stack
Blox Racing: BLOX Racing

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Soar4fun, maybe something like this with youre sri & new filter.

FYI: The 2.4 models use a larger inlet over the radiator...In this picture the inlet is as wide as the two bolts that hold it on. The 2.4's inlet extends beyond the bolts as far as the small grilles on top of the main grille assy.

Check this picture out to see what I mean:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/members/orangecrush-albums-my-koup-picture282-photo-0008.html

As time goes on and Forte SX's start populating wrecking yards this could become something for EX owners to look for!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Rondo also has that intake scoop with a different output on it. I looked to mate this to the forte as a ram scoop but ended up putting the Apollo (my gift from AEM) on the Miata. It was perfect for the car and is mounted in the fog well with the cap off it facing the oncoming air!

I am awaiting a prototype CAI from Turbokits for Testing on Roxy. This will be the best setup to date, I am sure of it. My goal is to provide feedback & suggestions and I cant' wait!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yes, I looked at it. I prefer to have an all-in-one solution and an intake tube size no bigger than 60MM. I can't wait for the decreased spool up times on the Miata! I hope this doesn't force me to play with overshoot settings. The apollo's shape makes it a velocity stack for those looking at this for the Forte.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts