Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share my experience. In June 2019 my Forte Koup engine started knocking loudly. I had it towed to Kia July 1st. 3 weeks goes by and I hadn’t heard anything. I called and they hadn’t even looked at it. Finally they called stating that it was a engine replacement. I asked how long it would take. I was told it would be April or May 2020 due to a back order. I asked about a loaner car and was told that they only provide loaner cars for recalls not warranty but would submit a request. I called for two weeks asking. Finally they returned a call advising that they made a mistake and it could be repaired. They needed permission to do the repair. I said ok. Well the repair didn’t work so it would be a new engine. They also provided a loaner. In October I received a text stating they needed to close the repair ticket and I needed to pay before they could order my engine. I thought the engine was ordered since it’s been OVER. 3 months. They told me I owed $650 for the maintenance on a recommended fix that didn’t work. I complained and was told the engine was really already there I just needed to pay before they could complete the repair. I paid and then was told they ordered the engine. Kia lied to get me to pay, the engine wasn’t there. So here I am waiting until god knows how long. Thursday Kia calls informing me I needed to return my loaner or I would have to pay for it, also ensure it was fully gassed up or pay for the full tank. So I returned it and now sit without a car until April or May. Never again will I buy a Kia!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts