Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and have a couple of questions. We bought a 2011 Forte Koup Sx and i just changed the oil but am having a hard time finding how to reset the oil life light. Also when i turn the ignition to the on position i don’t see the check engine light anywhere. Does it light up when you put the key in the first position and where on the dash is it supposed to be? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have both a 2011 SX hatchback and a 2013 Koup SX. Neither has an oil life monitor. What makes you believe you have one?

The CEL should illuminate in the run position. It’s located in the fuel level gauge on the right. Basically next to the 140 mph mark on the speedo. Do you have an owners manual? The layout of the lights is shown in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both a 2011 SX hatchback and a 2013 Koup SX. Neither has an oil life monitor. What make you believe you have one?

The CEL should illuminate in the run position. It’s located in the fuel level gauge on t he right. Basically next to the 140 mph mark on the speedo. Do you have an owners manual? The layout of the lights is shown in there.
I have both a 2011 SX hatchback and a 2013 Koup SX. Neither has an oil life monitor. What makes you believe you have one?

The CEL should illuminate in the run position. It’s located in the fuel level gauge on the right. Basically next to the 140 mph mark on the speedo. Do you have an owners manual? The layout of the lights is shown in there.
I figured it had an oil maintenance light about all of our recent vehicles have had one. So I went out and turned key to the on position and there is no cel. My guess is either the bulb is out or I would say somebody has removed the bulb.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah, 1st gen Fortes don’t have an oil life monitor. And if the CEL isn’t on, I’d look into getting the computer scanned to see if there are any stored codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts