Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have had my 2019 Kia forte S for almost a year now. I have looked everywhere and have yet to find an external trunk release button. I know there is an internal release next to the gas cap release. I also know that there is a trunk button on my key remote. I have tried everything, even the VW way and pushed on the Kia logo thinking it was a hidden feature. Am I crazy or is this normal. I feel like it's a bit weird that I can only open the trunk with my remote or inside the car itself. If this is normal, then it makes for a horrible day if I lock my keys in my trunk somehow.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hello I have had my 2019 Kia forte S for almost a year now. I have looked everywhere and have yet to find an external trunk release button. I know there is an internal release next to the gas cap release. I also know that there is a trunk button on my key remote. I have tried everything, even the VW way and pushed on the Kia logo thinking it was a hidden feature. Am I crazy or is this normal. I feel like it's a bit weird that I can only open the trunk with my remote or inside the car itself. If this is normal, then it makes for a horrible day if I lock my keys in my trunk somehow.
You’ve tried everything? Have you tried reading the owners manual?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You’ve tried everything? Have you tried reading the owners manual?
Yeah actually that was my first point and there no buttons or anything almost looks as though they forgot to put one on there and just put a plastic cover over it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

These are pictures of everywhere that the owner's manual states a trunk release should be. There is nothing here

·
Registered
989 Posts
One more question. Do you have a smart key (as in push button start) or a regular key with a fob?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe the lower FE/LXS/S trims don’t have the external trunk release?

I mean if that's true that's kind of dumb. If I'm at the store and I open my trunk via the key put the stuff in and then accidentally set my keys in the trunk now I've locked myself out of my car. I feel as though that is horrible manufacturing.

·
Super Moderator
174 Posts
I mean if that's true that's kind of dumb. If I'm at the store and I open my trunk via the key put the stuff in and then accidentally set my keys in the trunk now I've locked myself out of my car. I feel as though that is horrible manufacturing.
None of the cars I've ever owned had an external trunk release, including Integras, Tiburons, Accent, Protege, GF's 2016 Chevy Spark, and my 2010 Koup. I didn't even know sedans/coupes had that, thought it was limited to hatchbacks. If you locked your doors and then forgot your key in the trunk, wouldn't you be in the same predicament?

Don't lock your keys in your trunk!

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
13 Posts
most cars now won't even allow you to lock the keys in the car or trunk. I know if I have my door open and hit the lock button on the door switch while still sitting in the car, it unlocks as the keys are in the car. My Dodge Dart won't allow the key to be in the trunk and it pops open the trunk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Don't lock your keys in your trunk!
This

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT only has remote trunck unlock & driver side only truck release lever next to the gas lid release lever.

That's it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts