Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the Kia Forte Koup for quite a while now. I've decided to buy one in the 6 speed. I noticed, when building one online, on Kia's website, that there is no option for the Koup SX in white. This saddens me, as white is my favorite color in a car. Any idea why they decided to not offer white in the 2010 SX Koup? This is in the US of course. Other countries might be different....

Nimbus

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
From what I have heard and seen KIA makes some strange choices with choices of colours and trim levels depending on the markets. For example: Canadian Koups all come with chrome handles/ US versions have body coloured handles, The white Koup SX is available in Canada but not in the US, Korea I believe has backup sensors and push button start but N.A. does not, I think this list goes on. I think yo get the point.

·
Registered
248 Posts
STUPID KOREANS!!!!!(i know, i know - i own a korean car AND I ain't racist!) seriously, why not make em with all the bells n whistles? retardation, that's why. you should be able to get WHATEVER the hell you want if you're payin for a new car IMO.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I agree with the above its soo funny like I have a sx here and durring the winter it gets cold I wanted a car with d icer package but there was none here!
I heard about a guy on the site that has a sx in florida that had heated seats and the d icers why??? I don't think the Kia knows the map very well lol

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
I agree with the above its soo funny like I have a sx here and durring the winter it gets cold I wanted a car with d icer package but there was none here!
I heard about a guy on the site that has a sx in florida that had heated seats and the d icers why??? I don't think the Kia knows the map very well lol
You get heated seats, heated side mirrors and the windshield de-icer when you upgrade to leather interior.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I decided to wait for a 2011 Koup (US) because the manager at the dealership said he thinks there is a good chance the SX will be offered in white for 2011. If I can't get a white SX in 2011 I will probably go with different car.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
Kia must be doing some market research to make their decisions. I like the lime green Koups that are available in Singapore and Australia -- might even see if the dealer could special order a 2011 model that way. I doubt that would happen since there are no sunroof-less SXs in the USA...I tried to get one without a sunroof to increase headroom.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
On the plus side, N.A. have 2.4liter engine........... no where else I know off have the SX with 2.4L !!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^
True we are lucky to have that :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
If there had been no choice for white, I would not have bought the vehicle.
The dealer initially offered me a black model immeadiately, but I said, "It has to be white. I'll wait." They gave me a timeline of 2-3 months for delivery and I said, "No worries, call me when it is in." I took possession 4 days later, they found a white one across town. DON'T SETTLE, BUDDY. HOLD OUT FOR WHAT YOU WANT.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I hear you, I really wanted a white one because white cars are very clean and elegant looking. Luckily orange is my favorite color and the SX comes in orange.

·
Registered
8 Posts
White was my first choice and I was also saddened when I found out the SX was not offered in that color. I went with my next choice which was Silver.

You get heated seats, heated side mirrors and the windshield de-icer when you upgrade to leather interior.
I have the leather package and it includes these. Of course I live in Phoenix so they will probably never get used.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The white is pretty sexy, especially when parked next to a mountain and lake, buuut the more I look at the copper head koup in my driveway, the more I love the color. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Kia must be doing some market research to make their decisions. I like the lime green Koups that are available in Singapore and Australia -- might even see if the dealer could special order a 2011 model that way. I doubt that would happen since there are no sunroof-less SXs in the USA...I tried to get one without a sunroof to increase headroom.
There are sunroof-less SX's in the USA, mine being one of them

It is a bummer that the SX doesn't come in white, I would have bought a white if the option was there. But I'm more than happy with my corsa blue :)

STUPID KOREANS!!!!!(i know, i know - i own a korean car AND I ain't racist!) seriously, why not make em with all the bells n whistles? retardation, that's why. you should be able to get WHATEVER the hell you want if you're payin for a new car IMO.
Hey now, I'm Korean :p hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.