Kia Forte Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely doing the mod where I cut a hole in my diffuser and want to add a duAl exhaust tip. The thing I have now is a little less than two inches in diameter and curves towards the ground. Do I have to cut the old tip or remove it or even replace the muffler all together? Also I'm not sure what diameter I want. Someone school me please :confused:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
If you want growl and the slightest response gain get a new muffler. If you just want to add the tip see if it is welded on or screwed on. I never checked mine before chopping the muffler off for the HF muffler.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only wan to change the tip for now by the current one which is stock was welded on if I remember right is thAt a problem?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
^^ Agreed. As far as diameter, it depends on what look you're going for. If you want nice/subtle quad tips, I'd say 3" (each tip), if you just want two big dual tips, then go larger of course. ;) Good luck and don't forget the pics when it's all done. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
If its the 4 door stock muffler, then just cut the end before the turn down and you can buy tips that screw on. Simple. But to dual it youll have to have a shop weld the other pipe somewhere, and in that case a new muffler with 2 outlets would be ideal.

·
Registered
825 Posts
altairpilot here are a few picks of what I did and a link to where I purchased it. Hope this helps. Takes only a few minutes to line it up.
0203121456.jpg

0203121457.jpg

Got it off ebay. Came out pretty good at least until I put the real thing on. Here's the link.
1pc Stainless Steel Car SUV Sedan Tailpipe Double Tube Muffler Exhaust Tip Pipe | eBay

Oh and I used these to cut the plastic. . I work with a lot of sheet medal but your local hardware store should carry them. Stanley 10" 250mm Max Steel/Fatmax metal cutting shears 2-14-563 :: Toolman Yardley, tools ,bahco tools, C.K,stanley tools, estwing,stabila, marshalltown, bosch, knipex, trend, irwin,draper, fluke, monument, kamasa, fisco, silverline, rothenberger, i

Good luck. Post some pics when you are done,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts