Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an LED kit from DD, and I'm trying to install the map/dome lights. I removed the screws and the wiring for the lights, but I can't remove the connection for the sunroof.. I don't what its called, but I tried a lot of times to press it really hard and pull it, but it won't really come off.. My thumb was so sore, that I gave up and decided to google and search here in the forums how to remove it..

But no luck... Maybe I missed it or somethin, but I can't find any thread/info related to it..

Below is a picture on what it looks like..

Help on how to remove it and how to install the dome lights (maybe I'm doing something wrong) would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Looking at the picture, maybe that black dot in the white is like a pressure clip, press it down and the plug pops out?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I usually take a small flathead to connections like that and pry it up a little and pull. there may be one on the underside as well.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Why do you need to disconnect the wire...if you have a koup you can replace the map lights with out even removing the map light console from the roof.

The light lens just pop off there brackets. Push the light to turn on, The side closest to the winsheild should lower, get two fingers in there and gently pull down, it should pop, then pull the lens towards the windsheild, Voila....map light open...

Replace the bulb and install in reverse, should take less than 2 mins total time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the picture, maybe that black dot in the white is like a pressure clip, press it down and the plug pops out?

I tried pushing it with a screw driver too..

Why do you need to disconnect the wire...if you have a koup you can replace the map lights with out even removing the map light console from the roof.

The light lens just pop off there brackets. Push the light to turn on, The side closest to the winsheild should lower, get two fingers in there and gently pull down, it should pop, then pull the lens towards the windsheild, Voila....map light open...

Replace the bulb and install in reverse, should take less than 2 mins total time.

awww really? man I'm way over my head..

okay I'm gonna give a try.. Thanks so much for the replies guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts