Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright people, i was a bit bored of how the car looked, and decided to spice things up a little. So here i am, at 4 am, just got done with everything.

You guys want pictures?????????

well....... here's a teaser for now. Pictures will be up by tuesday night.

Gloss Black Grille
Gloss Black Headlight Lip
Tinted Corner Light reflector bowl
Tinted Amber reflector

Start off by taking the headlight apart.

Then Paint the chrome Lip gloss black

Then mask off the reflectors and tint them.

Then Tint the corner light reflectors

And then Paint the grille gloss black. (well the grille was the first thing i did)

and TA DAAAAAAAAAAAA,

Final Results:

I wanted to stay fully legal with the reflectors, so i l kept a small part un tinted

Before:

After:

VIDEO IS UP of the Tinted reflectors at night

Special Thanks to:

Aidensgrand: For giving me an idea of what the black grille will look like and giving me pictures and inspiration

Shattered Stars: For giving me the incentives to back my headlights and paint them, and for the idea of tinting the amber reflector

SXKoup: for the idea of keeping a small part of the reflector untinted for legal reasons.

·
Registered
486 Posts
damn is it night yet?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Why didn't you just buy the grills in black? lol otherwise looks good. I've been meaning to do it myself, but waiting for projectors to take the lights apart...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Wow, that looks so much more agressive. I really didn't want to open up the housing but I might have to after seeing this.

Good thinking on keeping a little bit of the amber still visible. I wonder if it would be considered still legal or is there not enough showing?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Looks awesome noodile....remember to update your FOTM Pics...should be an interesting contest this month. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Do you think the paint will stand up to the heat inside the housing? I want this to last if I'm going to try something like this.

Maybe you can post a video of how your turn signal looks like at night with it tined now?...

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everybody for the compliments. Sorry fir the late response I am currently driving on a 5 hour trip to NJ/ NY. I ll post a video later showing the tinted reflector bowl. And as far as I know. The amber reflector is perfectly legal. And light still shines through it. Just not as much. Anyone in jersey or NYC wanna chill/ get together/ or want help with their koups hit me up. I ll be there till Saturday

·
Registered
274 Posts
the lights look amazing!!! I'd so love to do the chrome part black but I'm a chicken & don't wanna open up the headlight.

2,213 Posts
Now the tough part comes....have noodle do my lights or go on a date with a hot chic??? Damn it!!! Can't ya come to NYC next week when I'm on vacation!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope. Sowwies. I will be there tonight till Saturday. That's like 4 nights. So if you find a tine and get together I am up for it. Maybe a photoshoot too?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.