Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well name is Randy. Currently living and going to college in Cedar Rapids, IA looking at moving to Dallas, Tx in a year. I'm looking at getting a vehicle after getting out of school and needing a reliable vehilce

I'm really liking the Kia Forte's for the price for what you get. The biggest sell point for me is the 10/100 on it

So now i'm just lurking around the boards to get some insight on how other owners are liking their vehicles and seeing if there is any issues that come up with these.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently unemployed full time college student... No room in budget. Not really sure what looking for either the sedan or 5 door. Going for "cheap" and an auto. Would love manual but clutch isnt covered under the warranty and not sure what labor time is on one. Plus moving to dallas i'm sure i will want an auto for the traffic.

But i'm still researching what i want if its a Kia or something else.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Some prominent issues with the Forte, cheap plastic that scratches, body panels that expand and contract with temperature that sometimes results in creases in the body panels, and the Koups don't have a top door frame for appending wind gaurds (this is a big issue for the smokers in our family). If you were to investigate other cars in the same class (civic, fusion, mazda3, etc), you will find different but comparable issues.

On the bright side, it's the best bang for the buck. In my case the Forte was the most I could get for the price I wanted to pay. It's not a Lexus, but it fakes it pretty good.

Moving to Texas you would be joining a brethren. Lot's of us in Texas. I'm near San Antonio myself. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
My sister just wrote this on Facebook about her new Civic:

Getting very frustrated. All the complaints I have had about my car since I have owned it (fast and uneven tire wear, vibration, excessive road noise, howling at highway speeds, early shock replacement, and now struts) even after their "rec......all fix" of the rear upper control arm all stem to just a crappy suspension on this model year that was made incorrectly and is improperly sized for the car. Seriously considering options as this is something no one online has found a fix for and dealerships/Honda won't own up to and fix.

Oh, the only way around the suspension issue is basically put in an after market suspension, I'll let some kid that wants to mod a civic have fun with that. I just want a safe, reliable car without fuss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts