Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Want to know if there's or anyone has bought ceramic brake pads for the front & rear for 2010 thru 2013 Kia Forte Koup SX?

Looking for one whole brake pad material for fronts & rears. The brake pads I bought have created grooves (like a record) on all 4 rotors. More on the fronts than the rears.
Fashion accessory Artifact Metal Wood Rock

The channels on these brake front brake pads were completely filled with metal & brake shavings/material that's causing the grooves.

So I'm looking for completely solid one piece break pads.
Font Musical instrument accessory Fashion accessory Natural material Composite material

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system

One can see the grooves when zoomed in. The groves/scouring are on both sides of each rotor.

Again, not groovy & I want to stop this from continuing any further.

Waiting on buying front & rear rotors from Ebay. Hence is why I'm looking for one solid whole brake pads.

·
Administrator
587 Posts
When I did my rear brakes a few weeks back, I went to my local parts store and they showed me 3 sets of brake pads. I wanted the Brembo ones, and to my surprise they didn't have any groove. I personally wanted the groove as it's what my previous ones had, and the store-brand which had the groove was on sale so I got those :D Point of the story is, Brembo is a very good brand and their pads for the 10-13 Koup don't have any groove, at least the model they showed me didn't. I think you can get them from RockAuto. They were $90 CAD locally. Funny thing is, they went on sale for $65 the week after I bought my pads :ROFLMAO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts