Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i went into kia today for an oil change and the usual 10k mile routine(rotation alignment blah blah) and i was talking to the service dept manager, trying to find out what he knows about the forte's future. he said that almost every forte koup owner who comes in asks him about a performance line or a 2012 turbo koup. so he decided to contact the korean head office and the north american head office and they both told him there would not be a turbo koup for 2012 but there are words being thrown around about a performance part line for american koups. he was nice enough to show me the email that says so after he saw the disappointed look in my face. so im not sure what to beleive anymore. i guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. and hope that the aftermarket companies make some progress with our cars if kia doesnt plan to.

·
Registered
519 Posts
omg you scared me!!! i thought you were gonna say they were going to discontinue the koup line! lol
+1 lol i wouldnt be surprised if they never came out with a turbo koup but im sure as more people buy them more companies will make parts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Agreed, it would be cool to have a turbo koup, if you get a custom one built or turbo-kits and then you will be one of a kind. As long as they keep making the forte people will still buy them and more of a demand for parts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just bought my koup, and the one dealer told me that kia was coming out with a turboed optima with 273hp in july and then the dealer that I ended up buying it from told me they already have one so I'm not sure if they came out with it yet or not. I havn't looked at kia's website to check tho

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
i just bought my koup, and the one dealer told me that kia was coming out with a turboed optima with 273hp in july and then the dealer that I ended up buying it from told me they already have one so I'm not sure if they came out with it yet or not. I havn't looked at kia's website to check tho
it's already out, but its too expensive. the one i looked at was $31,500. I love kia and everything, but its not worth that much

·
Registered
641 Posts
They have confirmed that the Veloster will be offered with a turbo...that'd certainly push some more performance oriented folks from the Koup to that.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
also thought they are getting rid of the koup lineup. lol. didn't see a SX at my dealership the other day. 2 ex's though. would be cool to have a turbo koup. come on kia!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I doubt they'd disclose information like that to a random service manager, but I also wouldn't hold my breath for a turbo model in the next year or so.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sorry to jump car makers but gm said the same thing with the cobalt ss that they wont turbo it (back in the day when i owend my ss supercharged) but look now the 09 and 10 got turbo

·
Registered
519 Posts
i think everyone is interested because then hopfully the parts will be offered as non-warranty voiding turbo system

·
Registered
103 Posts
turbo? i would have been happy if i could have got one with a 2.4l engine which kia dont even offer as an option here in aus,just the plain old 2.0l you guys in north america should consider yourselves priveleged.
btw: kia also charge us more too:mad:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im not so interested in the turbo koup because as k.i.a said, most of us already own the car lol. but i just felt like sharing yet a different story on whether or not the 2012 koup would be turbo. i am interested in a performance part line but i'd rather just keep my hopes up for aftermarket companies making progress with our car.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I too am hoping for KIA to offer a parts line and non-warranty voiding turbo. Factory warranted aftermarket parts would be the best thing for the Koup, just like TRD had a supercharger among numerous other upgrades for the first-gen TC. Let's hope we see this line develop ASAP!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts