Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i were to get the magnaflow for my forte koup sx (a lease) would that have any negative effects when i turn it back in?

2,213 Posts
I would say yes, because you to have it welded on and usually the dealer wants the car back in stock condition. It's harder to re-sell the car with a mod only a few people would want. Tints and things like that are no biggies, when you start changing the sound of the exhaust that's when things get tricky

·
Registered
55 Posts
if i were to get the magnaflow for my forte koup sx (a lease) would that have any negative effects when i turn it back in?
Are you going with a cat back or just the muffler??? Well regardless of what you go with you can always keep the stock muffler/exhaust and just reweld it on when you ready to give the car back. Plus you might be able to sell what ever aftermarket part you take off the car.

2,213 Posts
if you buy like an arc exhuast or turbokits.com you dont have to weld anything and when you return the car you can put the stock exhuast system back on.... you'll just be out a few hundred dollars

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why would you lease the car anyway if you're going to buy it back at the end of the lease period? It's gotta be a lot more expensive than just buying it outright and owning it from the gitgo!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Why would you lease the car anyway if you're going to buy it back at the end of the lease period? It's gotta be a lot more expensive than just buying it outright and owning it from the gitgo!
I am doing this mainly because im in college and cant afford $300+ payments right now and i wont owe that much on it after the lease. and yes i realize the value of the car will be less then what i ultimately end up paying more but at the time its all i can afford

Also if your just replacing the muffler most dealerships wont even notice and even if they do most buyers probably wont notice the difference because chances are they arent thinking about exhaust sounds there are more interested in shape of the body and interior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts