Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as soon as i was pulling out of the driveway my car started making loud obnoxious noise that kind of sounds like nails on a chalk bored and it seems to be coming from the front left near the wheel well. im not very mechanically inclined so any info would be great. Does anyone have a clue what this might be?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it hasnt done it as much as it used to but still makes me cringe every time it happens. it got really warm here and the snow started melting a lil bit, could it be because of break up and rocks getting stuck somehow in there haha

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I'd take your car to a car wash that has the underbody wash option. If the problem still persists I'd take it to the dealer to get it checked out.

Another option would be to take the wheel off and inspect the wheel well for any obstructions, like you had mentioned, rocks or any debris.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Good advice I agree x2

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
it might be the rotor being scraped by the brakes... my buddy bought a honda civic like 3 months ago and 2nd day off the lot a TERRIBLE high pitched sound like metal was grinding on metal started coming from the front of the car. turns out the brakes, or whatever caused it, were grinding on both the front rotors. and its not somthing that came and went. it did it the whole damn time we were driving. it started half way thru our little cruz and didnt stop til we got home

now, the chance a new car is doing this is very improbable but still an option

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im taking it in tomorrow to dealer, im sure what evers wrong warranty can fix it haha, i will try to wash it since it is filthy right now so it gives me an excuse to do so haha. thanks for the help

·
Registered
88 Posts
the same thing happened to me..right at the edge of my block had a bunch of pooled sand and debris from all the snow in new york...i figured some of it had gotten in and caused the noise because it went away after about 20 seconds of driving and hasnt happened since

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I dunno about you but sometime for the first 2 minutes of driving in really cold weather (especially if it was icy/snowy) my wheels make the worst sound ever, but once you hit the brakes twice it goes away usually.

Also X2 on the car wash, usually solves any problems with noises or tire balancing. (balance goes off because of snow that melts and turn into ice in the wheels)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did the car wash, and it seems as if the sound went away havent heard it since, so i think solution has been resolved hah

off topic but someone should talk to borla and convince them to make an exhaust for our cars

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^
Theres a couple of other great companys making kits for are cars.
question is how much money do you want to spend?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha idk the solution got fixed with the noise, but i thought about it and just decided to make a new thread about it haha, right now im unemployed but when i do get a job i will be dropping money quick into this car haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts