Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this:

Sometimes when downshifting i will hear/feel a knock-type sound that i can feel through the floorboard. It does not happen every time I downshift but seems to happen mostly after ive been cruising in 5th or 6th gear for a bit and downshift into 3rd.

Its kind of a "bonk" sound and i can feel a tap. seems to be coming from either the wheel area or possibly under where you rest your feet while driving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really?

i never doubt advice here...but i guess it does make sense. when u downshift the front end lifts or drops depending.

a service action means that if i tell them about it they fix it under warranty right?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this:

Sometimes when downshifting i will hear/feel a knock-type sound that i can feel through the floorboard. It does not happen every time I downshift but seems to happen mostly after ive been cruising in 5th or 6th gear for a bit and downshift into 3rd.

Its kind of a "bonk" sound and i can feel a tap. seems to be coming from either the wheel area or possibly under where you rest your feet while driving.
backfire?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same problem. They adjusted my struts and the problem has not returned for 3-4 months.

Yes, talk to your dealer about it. Took a couple of hours to fix. I can't remember exactly what they did. I believe they added a part to stop the knock. If you pay close enough attention when you go over a bump, you may be able to hear it. It's more pronounced during a sudden downshift when the car jerks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I originally thought it was a backfire or something but it wasnt that loud.

thanks for the advice...it didnt do it at all yesterday that i noticed but il have the dealer check it out.
thanks again everyone

·
Registered
46 Posts
really?

I have the same issue here as well!! wouldnt the ride be sloppy or make noises if this strut problem was the issue? If the adjustment fixed it, cool. But it doesnt seem right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts