Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this:

Sometimes when downshifting i will hear/feel a knock-type sound that i can feel through the floorboard. It does not happen every time I downshift but seems to happen mostly after ive been cruising in 5th or 6th gear for a bit and downshift into 3rd.

Its kind of a "bonk" sound and i can feel a tap. seems to be coming from either the wheel area or possibly under where you rest your feet while driving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really?

i never doubt advice here...but i guess it does make sense. when u downshift the front end lifts or drops depending.

a service action means that if i tell them about it they fix it under warranty right?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this:

Sometimes when downshifting i will hear/feel a knock-type sound that i can feel through the floorboard. It does not happen every time I downshift but seems to happen mostly after ive been cruising in 5th or 6th gear for a bit and downshift into 3rd.

Its kind of a "bonk" sound and i can feel a tap. seems to be coming from either the wheel area or possibly under where you rest your feet while driving.
backfire?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same problem. They adjusted my struts and the problem has not returned for 3-4 months.

Yes, talk to your dealer about it. Took a couple of hours to fix. I can't remember exactly what they did. I believe they added a part to stop the knock. If you pay close enough attention when you go over a bump, you may be able to hear it. It's more pronounced during a sudden downshift when the car jerks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.