Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 gt2
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i keep my display very basic as you can see in the pic... but sometimes at absolute random it will look like a damn sno-cone.. usually the only way to get rid of it is to come to a complete stop and keep tapping the camera button till it goes away... any thoughts? Thanks.
BAD
Vehicle Plant Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget

GOOD
Automotive design Gadget Sky Audio equipment Output device

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Forte GT 6 speed manual Sporty Blue
231 Posts
If I’m understanding what I’m looking at, it’s just the map switching between light and dark mode.
In the settings, you can select the map to default to dark mode. Otherwise, it will show up lighter during daylight hours and switch over to dark mode once the ambient light dims to a certain point.

·
Registered
2022 gt2
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I’m understanding what I’m looking at, it’s just the map switching between light and dark mode.
In the settings, you can select the map to default to dark mode. Otherwise, it will show up lighter during daylight hours and switch over to dark mode once the ambient light dims to a certain point.
Yes... but it does it whenever it wants... totally random times

·
Registered
2022 gt2
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just tell everyone the "colorization" occurs when UFOs are present...until you can get it to the dealer for diagnoses...:)
Well to be honest... if nobody here has the answer I will just live with it... dealerships can screw up changing a light bulb.... then bill you for it.

Reactions: dual-clutch

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,553 Posts
Well to be honest... if nobody here has the answer I will just live with it... dealerships can screw up changing a light bulb.... then bill you for it.
In many cases the mechanics are just "parts changers". There are some mechanics who are knowledgeable - but these are hard to find. The good thing is that Kias are made to replace parts easily. If they can't fix your monitor, they can replace it with a new one easily. Use your warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts