Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So my 2010 2.0l forte w/ around 110k on it has been making an awful sound for a while now. I'd say around around 6-7 months tbh. It seems to be located around the left side of the engine (by the accessory drive area) and it is like a whirring or droning noise. This noise happens from startup until i've turned the car off again, thru all gears and seems to get louder or drone-ier as engine speed increases. It has absolutely no effect on performance, or how the car handles or feels... just one awful sounding noise. One odd thing to add though, when i turn on the a/c or the defrost it seems to alter the noise significantly, to the point where it's almost bearable... not really sure why this would happen so if anyone has any idea please let me know so i can fix it, i'd be eternally grateful!!! Thank you guys in advance!
Btw... i've uploaded a video of the car and its noise here

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Have you tried removing the serpentine/engine belt & then starting your Kia?

Engine off: rotate counterclockwise & clockwise, pull/push on all pulleys. One or more can just be out & needs to be replaced.

This can help you to narrow down the source of the terrible noise.

Let us know what was the problem & the fix.
Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.