Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone , I'm new to this forum and enjoying it so far .. I have a forte sedan ex , and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find oem factory foglights , hardware wiring everything the whole kit .. will my dealer have them ? Or could they order them and install ? .. any feedback will be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
The link in that thread is no longer active. The searches I've done on eBay no longer return results for the fog lights and SX fog light panels required to mount them.

I'm all for instructing people to use the search, but...well, I'm just sayin'... ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive found actual oem part websites that have them but they are just too expensive

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Here you go...

OEM 08 10 Kia Forte L R Fog Lamp Assy & Cover 4P Set on eBay.ca (item 180644418082 end time 24-Apr-11 04:30:26 EDT)

Good seller, have had no problems with him. If you read his listing he gives you an email address. If you email him and ask for a quote, he'll give you break on the price/shipping cost and send a Paypal Invoice to you.

You'll need to get a foglight relay and switch, available from most auto supply places or eBay. (usually includes relay, switch & wiring) example...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DRIVING-FOG-LIGHTS-WIRE-WIRING-LIGHT-HARNESS-RELAY-D-/350383249498?hash=item519478185a

Cheers!

·
Registered
257 Posts
To answer your question directly, there is no fog lamp kit with all the plug and play parts available. You will have to buy the parts separately and install.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So the fog lights and mounting brackets for this car (from the eBay link)...

Will work on this car?...

Maybe it's just the different styling, but they look like two different shapes/sizes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks like the fog lamps on the Koup are different than the ones on the Sedan. Be thorough and make sure you don't purchase Sedan fog lights for your Koup or vice versa.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
So the fog lights and mounting brackets for this car (from the eBay link)...

Will work on this car?...

Maybe it's just the different styling, but they look like two different shapes/sizes.
No, the sedan and coup are very different but the same seller has them for the coup as well. Look at his eBay store and search there, you'll find them there.

Here's the links, he has the lights and housings listed seperatley.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/OEM-08-10-Kia-Fo...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0f3ee6ff

http://cgi.ebay.ca/OEM-08-10-Kia-Fo...Accessories&hash=item2eb423b6e1#ht_4817wt_952

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ack! Gotta pay more attention when I'm reading posts using the New Posts feature. :p

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OEM fog lights/lamps

Here you go...

OEM 08 10 Kia Forte L R Fog Lamp Assy & Cover 4P Set on eBay.ca (item 180644418082 end time 24-Apr-11 04:30:26 EDT)

Good seller, have had no problems with him. If you read his listing he gives you an email address. If you email him and ask for a quote, he'll give you break on the price/shipping cost and send a Paypal Invoice to you.

You'll need to get a foglight relay and switch, available from most auto supply places or eBay. (usually includes relay, switch & wiring) example...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DRIVING-FOG-LIGHTS-WIRE-WIRING-LIGHT-HARNESS-RELAY-D-/350383249498?hash=item519478185a

Cheers!
I also have a 2010 EX. It was the last one the dealer had last December, and we both were looking to deal. So, I also want OEM fogs, OEM-looking rims, and a good tint.
I found this same link about getting the lights. It costs 100 bucks, plus 50 bucks for shipping from S Korea. You also have to understand that parcels go through customs, and it could be 2 months before they arrive.
I think I will just get mine from the dealer, or a nice aftermarket set that dont look silly.
-Max

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I also have a 2010 EX. It was the last one the dealer had last December, and we both were looking to deal. So, I also want OEM fogs, OEM-looking rims, and a good tint.
I found this same link about getting the lights. It costs 100 bucks, plus 50 bucks for shipping from S Korea. You also have to understand that parcels go through customs, and it could be 2 months before they arrive.
I think I will just get mine from the dealer, or a nice aftermarket set that dont look silly.
-Max

yo, someone on here (i forgot who), had an ex koup and retrofitted projector fogs, they looked pretty decent.

But my opinion is

Stock > retrofit fogs anyday

1 - 20 of 22 Posts