Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm planning to turbo my car soon & need upgraded fuel pump obviously. But out of curiosity, whats the lph for oem fuel pump though? Turbokits got the 340lph from DW & many said thats a lot of fuel will be pumped, are they implying the gap of oem fuel pump & DW lph is quite big??

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Don't know the answer to your lph question, however, I checked the part numbers for same-year non-turbo Kias and Turbo Kias of the same model and in each case the fuel pump part numbers are different between non-turbo cars and turbo cars. Since Kia didn't provide a turbo in the 1st gen Kias - If you are going to use turbokits' turbo kit then you should use turbokits recommended fuel pump.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
832 Posts
Q: would I need to turbo or WOT box my Forte to just get the 2step?

Was at a car scene in town & my friend said all I had to to was get a tune on my Forte & that's it.

He recently bought a used Infiniti & can 2 step. He bought it like that. Was told that it just had a tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know the answer to your lph question, however, I checked the part numbers for same-year non-turbo Kias and Turbo Kias of the same model and in each case the fuel pump part numbers are different between non-turbo cars and turbo cars. Since Kia didn't provide a turbo in the 1st gen Kias - If you are going to use turbokits' turbo kit then you should use turbokits recommended fuel pump.
Yeah I think I'll go with TK DW fuel pump then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts