Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kia.co.kr has finally posted pics of the 2011 Koup (and Sedan, 5-door) and you can def see the new modifications to the exterior and interior:

-New side mirror repeaters (to match the 2011 Sportage)
-LED tail lamps
-Chrome trim around cup holders
-New Key FOB
-Push button start
-New shifter boot (to match 2011 Optima)
-Shark fin antenna
-Paddle Shifters
-Nav unit (although Korea always had this)

Nice little upgrades. So who's gonna trade in their '10?

Links to pics:

Exterior: ??? :: ?? :: ??? ? | ?????
Interior: ??? :: ?? :: ??? ? | ?????
Brochure: http://www.kia.co.kr/FileRootMain/eCatalog/kor/forte-koup.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
see, i love the new antenna. nice change from the ugly one standard on ours. the led brake lights, i love those too. i also love the interior vs my EX interior. but my question is, how can you trade in your car for this one if you have a 2010? wont you lose money? i have had mine for 7 months and im not at a point where i could get money back or even break even if i wanted to trade in my car..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I love that new shift boot. It seems less sporty than the one now but it's a lot classier. Oh, and you forgot the automatic headlights...that's a nice touch

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wonder how much of that will make it to the North American cars. They only show the new GPS/Radio unit on the Auto A/C model. I didn't think they offered the Auto A/C model in the U.S. So will be be able to get that head unit?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Time to order taillights, side mirror repeaters, and Shark fin antenna. Better than trading in... All though the push button start and fast key would be nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess this GDI model is the new Luxury edition for North America. If you put these pics together with SOUL4U's post on the Canadian 2011 Koup it all comes together.
I've been bugging KIA for a brochure for three months now and now I have it. Thank you. Can't wait to see one up close and personal.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
The new stuff is cool but all I really want is the new 6 speed. I wanna trade up but I would lose SO much money. Besides, when 2012 comes around I'll probably just wanna trade again...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wasn't expecting KIA to make such changes since the Koup only been out a year. I do like the 6 speed transmission with paddle shifters, push button start, and LED tail lamps. The only noticeable difference to the exterior are the tail lights, side mirror repeaters, and shark fin antenna. Like FEARtheFOX, I'll probably order those. I will definitely consider trading it in when they completely redesign it or offer a turbo model :D.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
The new antenna looks identical to those that come on all new Hyundai's. Next mod for sure...

An integrated NAV system would be very nice/convenient to have. This makes for a great selling feature for 2011 model year Forte's. I'm curious to see what they have for 2012!

BTW...those LED tail lamps are a must have.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wonder how difficult/expensive it would be to put the paddle shifters on a 2010 koup...probably not worth it, especially when rocking a 4-speed.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm.........nice :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'm with the group here order the new parts for are cars:)
and wait for 2012
I'm still wanting push button start & direct injection!!

I'm also glad that red trim on the inside is not the only choice Yukes!

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Kia Forte Koup GDI? For starters, the Mark II Sharkfin antenna I have on my car looks way better than that antenna. The red interior is extremely tacky just like the interior of the Kia Soul. LED taillights and the new mirrors are a nice touch. I could honestly care less about the 2011 Koup, I just want the SX-R bodykit to be available with dealers in the United States. Btw, paddleshifters...no thanks, I'm content with my 6 speed manual shifter...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Aaaaaaaaah so know one knows what GDI Mean's?!?!?!?!?

GDI is the name on the 2.0 turbo 274hp, and the 200hp 2.4 that Hyundai is putting in its sonata...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts