Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH Damn!

So I was washing my car today (a normally relaxing activity) with a new microfiber car scrubber on a telescoping pole. After washing for a short time, the wash head popped off of the pole during my scrub fest, which, with its unsanded edges, promptly went directly into my paint (my heart) and made that aweful hissing sound, producing a scratch on my hood about 3 and a half inches long and an eighth of an inch thick.

It is BLEMISH and sticks out like a sore thumb on the blue mirrored surface of my hood.

GOD (and forum members) HELP ME!

What do I do...?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
OMG! Use that fix it thing that Billy Mays promoted! I used it on my mom's BMW and it worked!! Just gotta make sure you clean the car first and wax after the stuff has dried.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG! Use that fix it thing that Billy Mays promoted! I used it on my mom's BMW and it worked!! Just gotta make sure you clean the car first and wax after the stuff has dried.
My best friend's dad used that stuff in front of me and I saw it NOT work... but I dont doubt it worked for you... I just need real paint I think. But alas, I am a paint n00b.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I think...maybe.. that there might be some metal exposure under that scratch.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ohhh yeah my mom's scratch was pretty small, but still I was surprised myself it worked... Maybe its just weird luck? But anywho, let me try it on my car and see what happens. I've got a few rock chip scratches....

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well, you can start by burning that stick, video taping it, and throwing up on youtube so we can all watch it burn!!!!! haha sucks dude

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
You can buy a touch up paint pen that has the actual Corsa paint in it (HO is the paint code). I have gotten a few from this website and its a little cheaper than direct from a dealer.

Kia Parts, Accessories, Auto Parts, Accessory, Guaranteed Best Price - Kia Accessory Store

I would not apply the paint to the car direct from the pen. I would milk out some of the paint into something small (like a shot glass) then apply it with a paint brush that is close to the size of the scratch. You might want to reduce the consistency of the paint with some paint thinner so it will "fall" into the scratch easily. Auto paint doesn't look good without the clear coat so you will likely have to clear coat it once it has had plenty of time to dry. Also apply the clear coat with a brush.

Good luck. I am already dreading the day I find my first noticeable blemish.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You can buy a touch up paint pen that has the actual Corsa paint in it (HO is the paint code). I have gotten a few from this website and its a little cheaper than direct from a dealer.

Kia Parts, Accessories, Auto Parts, Accessory, Guaranteed Best Price - Kia Accessory Store

I would not apply the paint to the car direct from the pen. I would milk out some of the paint into something small (like a shot glass) then apply it with a paint brush that is close to the size of the scratch. You might want to reduce the consistency of the paint with some paint thinner so it will "fall" into the scratch easily. Auto paint doesn't look good without the clear coat so you will likely have to clear coat it once it has had plenty of time to dry. Also apply the clear coat with a brush.

Good luck. I am already dreading the day I find my first noticeable blemish.
San2dee had his car keyed and he used the paint pen from the dealer. It came out pretty good. It covered the scratch. But if I remember correctly it didn't hide the groove.

·
Registered
567 Posts
On the topic of the touch up paint, I want to move my front license plate but the damn screws left terrible holes, I'm thinking of getting the touch up paint, painting the screws and just leaving them in. Think it'll work?

·
Registered
48 Posts
On the topic of the touch up paint, I want to move my front license plate but the damn screws left terrible holes, I'm thinking of getting the touch up paint, painting the screws and just leaving them in. Think it'll work?
it'll be better to use putty to fill up the holes then paint over it... if done properly, u won't even notice the holes were there...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OH Damn!

Geeez that sucks :mad:
If its deep and you can see metal.. you could A. Try to use touch up paint..
Or B.
go to paint shop to have them mix color, and mask off your hood to repaint the area.

C. have somebody else repaint it for you?

Or
D. none of the above.. I'd go with B or C Option:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
my kia dealer gave me a specialixed touchup paint pen with my car. it has paint on one end and the other end has the clear coat. try the dealer..

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Oh I forgot you could have somebody buff it out too again depends on how bad the scratch is..
also sucks because you'll have to leave your car there with them:(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update: The company is paying for the repair, trying to make them give me a rental car too. Ohh the perks of working at a law firm...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Buy one of those Kia factory paint pen! I had a couple of scratches on my bumper and that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
update: The company is paying for the repair, trying to make them give me a rental car too. Ohh the perks of working at a law firm...

:) glad to hear thats cool your company can and will do this for you:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts