Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an oil catch can in my koup last weekend. Fairly straight forward. Just had to splice into the existing line.

Hardest part was figuring out how to mount the thing. There were some extra holes in the engine bay underneath the power steering fluid reservoir. One 1/4" hole and one M10 threaded hole. I rigged up an aluminum bracket and bolted it in.

See the attached photos.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know post is old. Been reading & I want to help my engine & Forte last as long as I can. Q:is this the only OCC that fits in a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT & what version is this OCC in this post? I want a OCC that has the tube visual check/visual check windows so I can empty out.

Anthony

·
Registered
558 Posts
Installed an oil catch can in my koup last weekend. Fairly straight forward. Just had to splice into the existing line.

Hardest part was figuring out how to mount the thing. There were some extra holes in the engine bay underneath the power steering fluid reservoir. One 1/4" hole and one M10 threaded hole. I rigged up an aluminum bracket and bolted it in.

See the attached photos.

Cripes was that car in a flood
Pat.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know this thread is old. Where does the hose that runs behind the engine cover connect to? I just got my oil catch can today. There's several ways of connecting. I just want to do this one like in the pics. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts