Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an oil catch can in my koup last weekend. Fairly straight forward. Just had to splice into the existing line.

Hardest part was figuring out how to mount the thing. There were some extra holes in the engine bay underneath the power steering fluid reservoir. One 1/4" hole and one M10 threaded hole. I rigged up an aluminum bracket and bolted it in.

See the attached photos.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know post is old. Been reading & I want to help my engine & Forte last as long as I can. Q:is this the only OCC that fits in a 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT & what version is this OCC in this post? I want a OCC that has the tube visual check/visual check windows so I can empty out.

Anthony

·
Registered
558 Posts
Installed an oil catch can in my koup last weekend. Fairly straight forward. Just had to splice into the existing line.

Hardest part was figuring out how to mount the thing. There were some extra holes in the engine bay underneath the power steering fluid reservoir. One 1/4" hole and one M10 threaded hole. I rigged up an aluminum bracket and bolted it in.

See the attached photos.

Cripes was that car in a flood
Pat.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know this thread is old. Where does the hose that runs behind the engine cover connect to? I just got my oil catch can today. There's several ways of connecting. I just want to do this one like in the pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man all I want to know is which lines are the ones I'm suppose to connect . Can't find a forte GT 2020 that has done a catch can :/ any advice?

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
8 Posts
Thank you for reply. Just purchase car and want to take care of the valves. Is there a reason why some have 3 openings and other 2 openings?
this is from ADDW1 website. Jack at sales is very helpful.
The engine works by turning the intake manifold as the source of vacuum, which sucks all the blow-by back to the intake system. However, when the throttle is pressed (Wide open throttle / WOT), the intake manifold stops building the vacuum pressure and during this time, damaging compounds like blow-by water, carbon, ash, and sulfuric acid can go through and mix with the oil, damaging the engine in the process.
The V3.3 oil catch can work if the vehicle is in idle or in acceleration (Wide open throttle / WOT) and is more efficient than a single oil catch can.
The V3.3 catch cans are used as an additional suction source of help to the blow-by problem by Adding additional vacuum location just in front or upstream of the throttle body or TB inlet and we utilize one-way inline check valves that select the best possible suction source when the full throttle is open. in Every Driving Condition.

The ADD W1 Oil Catch Can is crafted by our team of engineers who understand the dangers of the oil particles from the PCV/CCV that transfers back to the air intake system. It features dual ports and is easy to install on the PCV/CCV systems.
getting to the PCV

1 - 17 of 17 Posts