Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just called my dealership to book my first service, and was told the oil change would cost me 54.95, I had asked how much it would cost if I brought my own oil and filter, I would like to use Mobil 1 and k&N filter, He told me that they only take off like 12.50 if i do bring my own oil and filter.

I though it would be much more savings than that?

BW

·
Registered
436 Posts
Call around to other service establishements and just ask them if they allow customer-provided oil. No reason to pay rediculous dealership rates for something so simple.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call around to other service establishements and just ask them if they allow customer-provided oil. No reason to pay rediculous dealership rates for something so simple.

I have to go there for a few other things this time. Im leaving on a 4000km road trip on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
WOW!!! that's expensive..... #1 maintenance at my dealer is 29.95 $can! witch is basicaly just an oil change!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
24.95 for me with my own oil and filter. First two times is free for me though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i thought it sounded expensive too! I will be going there just this once! Then off to Toronto for me and my Koup, I will find a good dealer out there to service my baby. Probably 401 dixie kia.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Gee you guys get it done cheap over here it would at least cost you $120 and thats from just a non dealer workshop

·
Registered
118 Posts
my kia dealer wanted 49.99 for a oil change so i called kia to ask why so much they told me its based on the dealer then i asked the kia person if i can take it to a hyundai dealer they told thats fine so i pay 24.95 for mine

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
$23.00 USD... so I get it done a little bit over 3,000 miles...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Man, just do it yourself. Only way to really know it's done right. Plenty of horror stories out there of dealers not actually changing filters and such.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is also a TON of horror stories about warranty issues when doing you own oil,

Dealers not changing filters and such is just stupid, there are asking for a HUGE lawsuit.

Like I said this time I have to goto the dealer, so they can fix a couple other issues that are under warranty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i dont know about other ppl but its worth the extra 5 or 10 bucks and have the dealer do it. i can spend 18 bucks and do it myself or spend 24.95 at the dealer and i get a wash and vac with every oil change and i can watch the tec do my oil change to.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree but they want 50 bucks and I supply the oil and filter.

thats a little too expensive

·
Registered
118 Posts
ya i kno i asked the dealer that they told me cuz they where the only dealer in town thats why there prices are so high and most ppl think they have to take it to the dealer to get it done

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know I dont have to take it to the dealer for an oil change, I have to take the car in anyways...

·
Registered
973 Posts
I agree but they want 50 bucks and I supply the oil and filter.

thats a little too expensive
wow thats a little bit retarded
oil change at my dealer is $18
which is the only reason I haven't been doing it myself, it would cost the same and only add to my back pains lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Mine needs oil change every 15000kl I'm going to do an oil change myself in between this, every 7500kl. The oil filter is in a real easy position to remove .

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mine needs oil change every 1500kl i'm going to do an oil change myself in between this, every 7500kl. The oil filter is in a real easy position to remove .
yeah i was VERY pleasantly surprised at the location of the oil filter
so handy, especially compared to my old mazda 626, nearly impossible to access

·
Registered
211 Posts
K-W Kia charged me $36 after taxes. London Kia charges $43 after taxes. Ontarians, what are your dealerships charging you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts