Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I would like to know the total oil quantity for the Forte 2.4L engine (with the oil filter full of oil)

Somebody know the exact quantity ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Look in the owners manual under fluid capacities. I don't have mine in front of me, but I believe it is 4.5 quarts including filter.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I changed my oil I put 5 quarts in and it was just barely over the full line on the dip stick. So 4.8 sounds about right.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
^^ agreed...I just changed my Koup's oil yesterday and let it drain while I ate dinner. It took 5 quarts to fill it. This is the first time I let it drain for a long period -- usually I have some oil left in a 5-quart bottle. I also fill the filter with oil before installing it on the engine (out of the 5 quart bottle).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I always do mine similar to ForteSX. I usually start before lunch. I pull the plug and let it drain for a few minutes. Then I replug and go inside to eat lunch. When I come back and unplug, a surprising amout of additional oil comes out. By then the oil filter has cooled down a little also. I prefill the new filter since it goes in vertically.

I've only done one change so far, but I put in the whole five quarts of oil. It shows up to the full mark on the dipstick.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well either way my dealer always did 5 quarts.
so I do 5 now and its just right about at the full line. I mean 4.5 to 4.8 is not that much of a change!

If you added a extra 3 quarts than you'd have a problem lol

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
What difference does it make what the book says...I put in 5 quarts on my last oil change and the oil level is right on the full dimple on my dipstick.

Here's an answer to "take to the bank": Buy a five quart bottle of your brand of oil and use what ever it takes to put the level on the full dimple of your car's dipstick.

Problem Solved...Tragedy Averted....LoL!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
We agree :)
easy as pie 5 is not going to be a issue and no worries

1 - 11 of 11 Posts