Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all about HIDs, I've installed many kits in my previous vehicles and s bunch of friends too.

I understand that they are illegal and have the potential to blind other drivers without proper projectors. So please ignore these issues.

I've read a whole bunch of threads on here now and I can't seem to find any sort of consensus:

Are there any kits that are completely plug & play? No cutting wires or anything like that.

Do they cause any problems for the electrical system? I saw some reports of it resetting USB flash drives. Does it cause any problems with iPod playback?

·
Registered
407 Posts
There is no Direct H11B Replacement, you will need to Order the H11 kit and tell DDM that it is going into a H11B setup. they will make it as close to plug and play as possible. also order the HID harness.

I have had mine in for about 2 months now and no problems, no one flashing me either.

what i did was park near a flat wall on a flat surface and mark the factory cutoff on the wall, installed the HID's and aimed them to the factory marks on the wall.

My USB was resetting every time i turned them on, but its no longer happening....No issues with IPOD.

BW

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't get the harness! totally useless. It works perfectly without them but hey. I'll sell you my harness if you still want it =)

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Harness is not Useless, the factory wiring in the forte cannot provide enough voltage, when you turn on the HID's they Flicker for a second, when using the harness they get their voltage directly from the battery and not through the cars wiring.

The Loss in voltage will make your new HID's not last as long as if they were getting the voltage that they need....

For 15 bucks IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Check out all the HID Threads on this forum, EVERYONE except Forgasmte says get the harness.

BW

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Why would DDM provide a lifetime warranty on the ballasts if they were to eventually fail without the use of a harness? Besides it's a lifetime warranty...

·
Registered
407 Posts
mine are 35w

·
Registered
519 Posts
do you need 2 harnesses if i get the 2 kits for Hi and Low?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Harness is not Useless, the factory wiring in the forte cannot provide enough voltage, when you turn on the HID's they Flicker for a second, when using the harness they get their voltage directly from the battery and not through the cars wiring.

The Loss in voltage will make your new HID's not last as long as if they were getting the voltage that they need....

For 15 bucks IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Check out all the HID Threads on this forum, EVERYONE except Forgasmte says get the harness.

BW
mine are 35w

The loss in voltage should not happen, since the original halogen bulb is rated for a consumption of 55 Watts (LO)... Since you only have 35 W HID's, the startup curve of those bulbs should not even reach 50 Watts. So in conclusion the harness is not needed... simple mathematics. I should know, since i am an electronic engineer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.