Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got in my car today and took a delivery for work, then go to my backseat to get teh pizza bag out and notice tons of ants crawling in and out of my backseat between the cushions. i drop the back seat, nothin. i pop the trunk, nothing. i lift the seat, nothing. no nest anywhere. just a swarm of little black ants. took some RAID and lined the crevices and got in the nooks and under the seat. If they come back im going to get a fogger... theres no food in the car, i keep it immaculate.. seems like something is attracting them into the back seat or something. I'll keep it posted.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
maybe the ants like pizza??

that sucks thou do you park under a trees for long periods, I've heard of people having trouble with ants when parking in areas with trees. I guess the ants fall off the tree and find themselfs on your car, then they find a way inside?

But hopefully it was just a by chance thing that wont happen again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have a lot of problems with the small black ants in middle GA crawl up long grass and make nests in the natural voids of your car. Little suckers are attracted to electronics too. I usually keep a few ant baits under my seats to get em.

had plenty of water pumps at my parent's house killed cause they crawl into the electrical contacts.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Is it possible they were hitching a ride in the Pizza Bag?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
doubt it, the bags are pretty clean and get washed when something spills on em.

it was seriously a ton, like they were gettin ready to settle down a colony or something. I kept seeing 1 or 2 ants every few minutes scouting around the center console before i went to my back seat, i didnt think anything because now and then a bug or 2 will get in. So they were obviously lookin for food or something to bring back to the rest or something.

I do park under some trees though, pine trees at that so sap -> ants -> car is a possibility. I just hope they arent back in the next couple of days, but i would have open days to bomb the car thursday and friday. Think im going to regardless just to be safe, i really dont like the idea of bugs crawlin around me while im driving.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I wouldn't spray too much stuff in there, it sticks to surfaces. Most bug killer is actually nerve agents, as in you could be seriously affected by it without getting into the grim details. Get a couple of those ant bait traps, they kind of look like round air fresheners with a bunch of holes in the side, inside is a solid that the ants eat and it kills them. stick some of those under your seats and in your trunk. after a couple days you should be ant-free!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is there anyway that you left your windows and/or sunroof open and you were possibly under a tree (or not) and they just found there way in?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeh ive seen the occasional spider pop out of a vent and crawl across into another one, not a big deal, just the ants. and windows stay shut.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't get ants, but sometimes spiders,not fun to have a spider over your head when you are driving.
ughhh I am not a fan of spiders AT ALL! I have had little (almost whiteish looking) spiders crawling around the roof of my Koup around my sunroof area. Last time the bastard almost caused an accident... gahh stupid insects!! My family owns a pest control company, dam things are probably trying to mock me! lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Great, now I am going to have a nightmare of ants and spiders attacking me in my car...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah I don't think bombing your car is a good idea either..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it's a great idea... If you want to cut your lifespan in half, it is perfect! Really though. Don't do it. Get the ant trap things. Uh and to the preson with the spider in the vent thing... I just hope it didn't lay eggs and soon all the baby spiders will come out of your vents. Uh that would suck. Hate spiders and would most likely sell the car haha. Just a little side note.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For everyone posting about the spray, its been done with and i did it and i didnt go back in for a day. Its not like i planned to sit in the car and breathe it all in or something....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll take the ants..........

An ex-friend of mine threw up beer mixed with a Burger King double Whopper filling up the floor on the passenger side once. You have no idea how long you have to work to clean that smell out, and the bastard didn't even help me!!!........but there were never any ants...:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.