Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored and went to go test drive the Optima... It was a 6 speed, same engine as ours but has GDI so has 200hp! (which made me think that we can prob convert our cars to gdi using their system and ecu)... BUT THAT THING IS NOT WHAT I THOUGH! maybe its the fact that its heavy... but i was not impessed at all. Was expecting a lot more.

ALSO when i was there they had a spy 2012 KOUP!!!! I SAW A FRONT MOUNT LOOKIN LIKE THING ON IT!!!!!! THE WHOLE CAR WAS WRAPPED IN THIS WHITE MASK THING. It looked a little diff than the current koup. And when he was me try to take a picture he dipped from the dealer! HAHA i was gnna chase his ass down. DEFF HEARD A TURBO SPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're gonna get a turbo koup?
Ill see when it actually comes out... I just saw a spy car for the first time in my life at the dealer!!!! It was wrapped in all this white cloth stuff. I was able to glace at front(they didnt cover the what looked like a stock front mount)... and I tried to take a pic but he drove off and i deff heard a turbo spool

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wait, wut? Does anyone understand what this guy's saying? Someone is driving around in a "turbo sounding" Forte wrapped in white cloth?

I don't know, maybe some emotes would help or something...

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
If I had wanted a turbo charger I would had purchased a Genesis Coupe 2.0T, I'm not going to expect much from a stock turbo on a Kia

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what a spy car is....

I saw something like that at the dealer but in the shape of a forte koup.... From front u can see something like a front mount... he drove past me leaving as i drove in... I stopped got out to try and take a picture to show u guys but he took off... i could hear something that sounded like a turbo spooling up as he gunned it...

Wait, wut? Does anyone understand what this guy's saying? Someone is driving around in a "turbo sounding" Forte wrapped in white cloth?

I don't know, maybe some emotes would help or something...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Could it have been the optima turbo? I saw an optima the other day at the dealer, and they hadn't finished unwrapping it, it still had the transport white material on it.. covers over the rims, etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If I had wanted a turbo charger I would had purchased a Genesis Coupe 2.0T, I'm not going to expect much from a stock turbo on a Kia
t3/t4 adapter plate. turbo swap. done.
I'm suprised Kia would turbo the Forte. They might as well make it direct injection while they're at it ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could it have been the optima turbo? I saw an optima the other day at the dealer, and they hadn't finished unwrapping it, it still had the transport white material on it.. covers over the rims, etc.
it was deff a 2 door.. and it looked like koup but different rims, look good

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Kia is supposed to be coming out with it next year to rival the Accord Koup. its supposed to have the same engines as the current optima 2.4 GDI, and 2.0 Turbo

·
Registered
444 Posts
You spelled accord coupe wrong...^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
^^i also agree.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts