Kia Forte Forum banner

On the merge of buying ! Bump in seat !

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  mathsmart 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone !

I'm a new member here from Montreal, Canada ! First thing, sorry for my english, it's not my main language (which is french).

I'm one (or two!) steps of buying a new forte ex 2010. My actual car is a leased mazda 3 Hb 2007. I've done a road test on the fort and I must say that it doesn't have the refinement of the mazda. The engine is more noisy but overall the feelings was less bad than what I Thought before doing it!

My main concern is in the driver seat. When I was sitting in it I could feel a Lump or bump right in the middle of my spine. That was a bit uncomfortable. To be sure i sat in another forte in the showroom ans the bump was there too. Is anyone have something to say about this ?

Thanks a lot !

#2 ·
Welcome aboard :)

I've had my Forte for awhile now and to be honest I do not feel that lump or bump. I am thinking it may be the heating element or something....however I have never driving a mazda thus I cannot compare....

What I can say is that I love driving my Forte and have not had any issues with my back :)

I wish you well and hopefully you will in time enjoy your Forte.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

#6 ·
Um, check that again before you purchase. There are 2 levers, one is to adjust the ride height and the other to recline. Hyundai has lumbar support levers on the top part of the seat above the recline lever

This is a common trend with hyundai/kia. Take for example the previous gen sonata and optima/magentis. The sonata has lumbar support where the magentis had heated seats....what looks better on a spec sheet...heated seats. Going with the "more features for you dollar" attitude that kia has.

#7 ·
Jarrey is right, there's no lever to adjust the lumbar support. That,s the first i've checked when I felt that bump. Well, I guess I will have to pass on the Forte....And the SX is overkill for me.

Matemorh: merci pour ton offre ! je pense que mon séjour ici sera bien court !

#9 ·
Try it out longer. That bump might only be noticeable when sitting still. Tell the sales guy you really like the car but you're curious if that bump will go away. I took a similar route and took a salesman's demo forte sedan for 2 days to try out. I purchased a week later.

Honestly there's no better car in this class when you combine price, performance, safety, comfort, features and styling. I'd include reliability but reliability is like trust...it's earned and the forte can't just come out and say it's extremely reliable after only one full model year under its belt.

#15 ·
I'Ve try 2 forte and felt the same things in both. Theres a review on canadian driver who says the same thing.

''This is not to say everyone will find the Kia Forte uncomfortable. Contributing Editor Chris Chase said the seats suit him just fine, although he did feel the “bump in the seat” that I explained to him. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here — a 20 minute test drive is probably not the best way to determine if you like a vehicle or not, and you should probably see if you can test it for at least an hour, and then sleep on it.''

CanadianDriver Day-by-Day Reviews Day-by-Day Review: 2010 Kia Forte EX Sedan

He also say that the seat in the sedan and the Koup wasn't the same. I have a young child and plan to have another, so buying the Koup is out of question.

#13 ·
Before I purchased my forte I was interested in getting a mazda. Now when I test drove a 2010 mazda 3 the seats had alot more padding and it felt like I was more or less sitting in a lounge chair. Now I have a forte koup with cloth and its pretty comfy. I don't think it was KIA's intention to make the seats like a couch or lounge chair. Either way its very comfy and does its job fairly well.

#17 ·
@ tostaky - you can get used to the forte seats. I also had the same impression before buying my forte - my old 2000 Corolla was more comfortable! But I went back to the dealership and drove it again. But the second time I adjusted everything: seats, steering wheel, mirrors... and it feels sporty! Got the EX. If you buy in Montreal go to Kia Villemarie! Ask for Jonny!

#19 ·
j'ai vendu mon mazda 3 gt full load un 2008 acheté neuf pour une forte koup sx et jte jure je ne regrette absolument rien j'ai eu aucun trouble mecanique quelques petit ajustement ici et la mais jsuis rendu a 27 000kms (un ans environ) et c,est plus fun a conduire que le mazda et la puissance est la un peu plus fort aussi que le mazda gt

le confort est la par contre c'est sur que tu va sentir plus les bosses a cause dla poutre semi-rigide de la configuration arriere dla suspension comparé au mazda 3 c'est un petit peu moin bien sur chemins inégal mais tu ne peu pas regreté, j'ai essayé la koup ex avec le 2,0l et j'ai trouvé le moteur grondeux comparé au 2.4l et jtrouvais qui manquais un peu de jus ! mais sinon go for it ! c'est un bon choix fiable !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.