Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I recently drove my car to a job interview in Albuquerque NM. On the highway I noticed no difference, but once I hit the city the car felt resticted. Like it wasnt breathing right. It had less get up n go then here in Houston. Does elevation have something to do with it. If so do i need a tune when i move to New Mexico?

2,213 Posts
had a friend with the same problem, diffrent car. he moved to colorado and the first few months his car ran like crap cause the air was thinner. it took awhile but the car some how adjusted itself. that and he got a new airfilter!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Alright so I recently drove my car to a job interview in Albuquerque NM. On the highway I noticed no difference, but once I hit the city the car felt resticted. Like it wasnt breathing right. It had less get up n go then here in Houston. Does elevation have something to do with it. If so do i need a tune when i move to New Mexico?

It is because the air is thinner there. My car runs better at the beach. I would try to disconnect the negative and depress the breaks and gas a few times and let it sit for a bit. Reconnect and it should reset.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It may work...but the guys in the shop said to disconnect the battery yady yady yady......????????
By removing only the fuse(s) u don't have to remake your radio's settings, and set time... and...

On factory radio... it's ok, but more trouble when u mess with time alignment.

And... yes, i noticed a better MPG too when i had to go where air is fresher. Not once... and a co-worker noticed it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts