Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a million threads about this, but i have a couple of things to ask myself.

Ever since i got my car (september), i've been running the following set-up:

Fog Light: DDM 35W 5000K + Relay harness
Low-Beam: DDM 35W 5000K
High-Beam: DDM 55W 5000K + Relay Harness.

And ever since, one side of my highbeams wouldn't light up. The problem isn't from the ballast. nor is it from the bulb. (i tried switching and flipping everything), and tried all troubleshooting steps. Usually one side misfires/ doesn't light up, and they alternate sides. so here are my options, i need your opinions

1. Buy a 3rd harness for Lows, and hop that solves the problem.

if this doesn't work, i'm thinking of one of the following.

1. Remove High-beam HIDs, and go back to halogens. and just keep the 55w Ballasts in storage.

2. Remove Highs, and go back to Halogens and replace my 35W lows with 55W

3. Replace my Highs and lows with each other (low becomes 55W, High becomes 35W)

I usually don't flash people.
It wasn't a good idea to buy High beam HIDs
They take too damn long to heat up
If i change my lows to 55W, then i'll probably barely ever use High beams.

55W Highbeams do make a difference compared to 35W. They DO throw further, and brighter.

so what's your opinions

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
55w low beams on a harness + 35w fogs is brighter than using standard h1 high beams. I even switched to 80w h1 and still they are not as bright, but be prepared to be flashed by other drivers...LOL

·
Registered
825 Posts
Have you tried putting the regular halogen bulbs back in just to see if the problem continues. I wonder if the ballast for your lows is (for lack of a better term) "Hogging all the power. . . .I'd had to see you buy a seperate harness for the lows.

I put some Xenon Highs in and used the HID 6000K for my low beams.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried putting the regular halogen bulbs back in just to see if the problem continues. I wonder if the ballast for your lows is (for lack of a better term) "Hogging all the power. . . .I'd had to see you buy a seperate harness for the lows.

I put some Xenon Highs in and used the HID 6000K for my low beams.

I did try to put halogens, but they worked fine, i do however feel like my lows are hogging the power :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts