Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what are those?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah ^^^^
I know can't help it if you had a good idea first..:)
I give you the credit for being the original:)

Oh its the highest of complaments to be copied..

@justop they are the plates on the inside of the door when you open the door,
current ones are plastic and say kia.. these new ones light up and are metal so much cooler:)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what are those?
They replace the stock door scuffs that you can see in this photo on the bottom of the door frame, beside my seat here(with the Kia logo on them)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear 928ravensky,

Sorry ! We just have one for FORTE SEDAN.

well there you have it fas93 your safe for now lol
I have a couple other things light wise I plan on doing thou :)
nobody else has done yet!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Oh poop!! D:

lolzz! I was only jk. But you kneww that :) The led scuff plates are so cool looking... I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT!

BUTTTTT... Maybe I can talk to the guy in singapore and see if they can do a group buy...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
im down fas

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Oh poop!! D:

lolzz! I was only jk. But you kneww that :) The led scuff plates are so cool looking... I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT!

BUTTTTT... Maybe I can talk to the guy in singapore and see if they can do a group buy...

Thoughts?

YES!!! koup please :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that would be sweet fas93 I'd be up for the group buy on this one!! :)
its a good idea,
Crossing my fingers*

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Wow 3 pplz already!!! Aight, let's see how this goes!!! I need to talk to the guy in singapore... Bahhh international stuff....

But there are 3 different colors that you can choose from. Red White and Blue (ironically its the US colors) LOL! I got red for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd go red too just cause of the red lights inside the car etc..
Thxs for looking in too this for us:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
im down for a group buy as well!! red plz!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well thats a good question, since theres no instructions on the site I have to wonder myself, most likely the instructions are not going to be in english either that would be too easy lol.

my plan is to wire with the switch for the door so when the door opens they come on.
just have to run a small splicer on that wire, I've not looked up which one is power but I'm sure it wont be a hard thing to wire, and then do that for both sides and should be done.:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
as far as wiring the LED scuff kits goes-
there is one site online that sells them- and has crude instructions and pictures to go along w/the wiring......also KGIS has the wiring schematics..... one thing to watch out for- from what i can tell from reading the KGIS site- the wires colors that you tap into on the driver side vs the passenger side are different colors.....also - i think the colors vary from the 2dr vs 4dr version also........
but at least the KGIS site does have not only the wiring diagrams, but the configuration of the wiring harness plugs and pictures of the plugs and harnesses
KGIS can be a lil difficult to figure out at first- it can be a bit tricky- but lawdy- it does have a wealth of info once you get digging

oh by the way fas93- yes- i know i was down for the GB- but to clarify- i want red also :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well actually the group buy shouldn't be too hard! If y'all all have paypal accounts, they can charge you there and give a discount for shipping!!! :D yayayayayaya!

And as for wiring I'm gonna hand my baby over to some pros.. I'm scared to start splicing away and screw up something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well actually the group buy shouldn't be too hard! If y'all all have paypal accounts, they can charge you there and give a discount for shipping!!! :D yayayayayaya!

And as for wiring I'm gonna hand my baby over to some pros.. I'm scared to start splicing away and screw up something.
which shop are u getting from? fyi, I'm from Singapore... there are only a few shops around that sells korean auto stuff and not all are that reliable...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts