Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was not as hard as I thought. I used a heat gun instead of an oven. My oven is too small to fit the headlight. ahaha that's what she said.. anyways. took about 10 min for each light... there is one screw that you have to take off before you start with the heat.. I also removed all the bulbs and rubber vents before heat. started painting the insides black, when the gardeners showed up.. so im taking a break.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
cool. can you take a pic of it before it goes back together. i'd like to see where the screw is.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Yeah me 2 :)

plus when need pictures too see how you did ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
it was not as hard as I thought. I used a heat gun instead of an oven. My oven is too small to fit the headlight. ahaha that's what she said.. anyways. took about 10 min for each light... there is one screw that you have to take off before you start with the heat.. I also removed all the bulbs and rubber vents before heat. started painting the insides black, when the gardeners showed up.. so im taking a break.
Why would you take a break when the gardeners showed up?...are they women?:cool:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gardener was blowing around all the grass and dust and I didn't want any of that on the inside of my lights... plus I was painting too. If you take off your headlight and look at the back of it... there are two screws, one in the middle of your light adjust the beam of your headlights, the second screw is located by your turn signal, and that is the one you need to remove... I will have some pics up soon... and oh man is this mod worth it... looks bad ass...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Finally man, i didnt want to be the only spicy koup with black headlights lol there going to look sick on your koup man

·
Registered
526 Posts
That looks real good! Did you use anything special to seal them back up?
If I ever take the tint film off of my headlights I'll definitely be doing this! Great job!

·
Registered
825 Posts
That looks real good! Did you use anything special to seal them back up?
If I ever take the tint film off of my headlights I'll definitely be doing this! Great job!

:DAdd ^^^^ question to my previous question. . . Forgot to asked about the seal. . .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts