Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on buying just the front lip of the NEFD bodykit, since i dont want to spend any more on the side skirt because the koup is already nice from the side.

Do you think it will look stupid with only the front lip??

Korean Auto Imports

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i am not by any stretch of the imagination- a designer-
(so take this w/that in mind)
stupid is not the word i'd use-jarring- perhaps?
i think- if you put just the front piece on w/o the sides- you get a sudden break in body flow from the front to the back- IE- look at the outside corners of the front piece- see the big blocky corner set up there? the eyes follow that to the matching lines of the side panels included w/the kit. our stock sides dont have those hard defined lines like the kit has.... and on that same note- notice how you never see a true side picture of a car w/that set up? i think that the jarring translation of front end on car w/o side kit- translates the same way from the side to the tail end.

looking at the tail end of the side kit- same blocky aggressive style as front corner- but looking at the sides of the ends of our cars- they are kinda rounded...
but then again- thats my non-professional opinion of it ;)

if i had photoshop skills i'd show you the results and highlight the above points mentioned

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see what your saying, and yeah thats my concern.
The reason i thought i can get away with it is because the sxr kit side skirt doesnt actually lower thecar from the side. So there is a clearance difference from front to side of the car on the sxr...
see what your saying though, thx.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on buying just the front lip of the NEFD bodykit, since i dont want to spend any more on the side skirt because the koup is already nice from the side.

Do you think it will look stupid with only the front lip??

Korean Auto Imports

That is also my plan too, I think will be nice just the front lip. Did you get any price on it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it would still look good w out the skirts but the skirts pull the whole look of it together more. I wanna get the whole kit I love the side skirts personally its jus soo expensive for both I think it was 895 plus 100 for shipping. I'm bout to drop over a grand on my viper remote start/alarm system and gettin heatd seats installd in my cloth interior

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
The reason i thought i can get away with it is because the sxr kit side skirt doesnt actually lower thecar from the side. So there is a clearance difference from front to side of the car on the sxr..
Yo Amir_M!!! I have an SX-R and the front skirts just literally wrap under the front bumper and run back to the front wheel wells. I guess what I'm saying is they only drop down maybe 1/2"... If even that. I think that's why the SX-R kit can pull off the side skirts like they have. If you get the NEFD front lip, I recommend that you get the sideskirts, too. It just completes the look. Every time I see a car with a front kit and no sides, it just looks goofy IMHO. Imagine if you bought the front lip & paid $100 to get it shipped. Then after install you decide that it looked too low in the front compared to the sides and too top heavy. Then you have to pay another $100 to get the side skirts shipped. I'd say to do it right the first time and go all the way bro. But that's just me...:D

·
Registered
769 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
KOUPchick, dont get heated seats..i think its useless and a waste of money to invest in..i have leather with heated seats and i think i have turned it on once...thats when i first got my car back in january...i dont even turn it on in the winter time..thats just me...but go for it !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx for the advice guys.

I'm going to call Korean Auto and ask how low their front lip is, and based on that I'll make a decision. If its alot lower than the SXR front lip, then sxr it is..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts