Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little annoyed by the red turn signals, even though I can't see them on the rear. I know they are there. When I see another car with red signals, I keep thinking that red should only be for brake lights... anywho, is there a way to make my turn signals orange? I know the bulb isn't orange, I'm guessing the entire assembly needs replacing...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with you, never liked having my turn signals red! What I find funny is that on my SX Koup, the rear turn signals are amber and not red as in the sedan!

To answer your question, it would appear that you would need to replace the entire assembly.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I agree with you, never liked having my turn signals red! What I find funny is that on my SX Koup, the rear turn signals are amber and not red as in the sedan!

To answer your question, it would appear that you would need to replace the entire assembly.
I've notice the Fortes sold in Australia have amber rear turn signals, maybe you can order a set of lights from a dealer in Aus?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Aussie Cerato's have clear glass with either orange globe or something reflective inside.
As for spare parts sourced from Australia, I think you would find they would be far too expensive

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
A year and a half ago when currency was in our favor it might have made sense! 1$ CAN was like 57 cents AUS!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I received an email from Bert Kang sales with Superrich back in June 09, he advised they are minimum order . some are by quantity & others by dollar amount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If anyone wants to club together to get a big enough order I would be willing to join. I hate the rear red turn lights. I grew up in the UK where the turn lights had to be amber, makes it so much easier to see when a car is turning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought every American car had red turn signals? Cars for Latin America (well, Panama, not sure about others) all come with one light for brakes -red- and one for turn -orange-. It's better like that, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts