Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello.

This is a little listing of what i found for replacing EOM wheels by others OEM from different automakers...

First, let's say that we need
- Bolt pattern : 5 X 114.3
- Offset : High
- Center bore : 67.1 mm
- Lugs : M12 X 1.5

Those with the * have bigger center bore, so center ring may be needed
So far, i have

There we go !

Ok :
- Acura *Legend (91+) / *RSX / *MDX
- Dodge Caliber / Avenger / *Intrepid / Stealth
- Lot of Mazda with 5 lugs : 3's, Protege / Protege 5 / MP3 (03+), 6's
- Hyundai's 5 lugs (Tiburon ('02+), Elantra ('07+), Sonata)
- Almost all Mitsubishis 5 lugs

Forget:
- GMs
- Dodge Neon / SRT
- Mercedes
- Toyotas
- Hondas
- BMWs

·
Registered
284 Posts
FYI

I tried to fit rims from a 1997 Eagle Talon onto my Forte, they fit on, but the brake caliper was just barely scraping/touching the inside of the rim.

Kia site states the SX has disc brakes in the front of 11.8''

Please double check the innersize of the rim if you have an SX, unfortunately I did not measure the inside diameter the 16'' eagle talon rim before I sold them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
First, let's say that we need
- Bolt pattern : 5 X 114.3
- Offset : High
- Center bore : 67.1 mm
- Lugs : M12 X 1.5

Those with the * have bigger center bore, so center ring may be needed
5x114.3 is the same as 5x4.5 which a lot of auto manufacturers have used including Dodge and Ford. I can't recall all of the vehicles that used this bolt pattern but I know that on the ford side Mustangs, Probes, Explorers, and Rangers have all used this bolt pattern. The latter wouldn't work due to backspacing, but the former may well fit. I can't help on the offset end of it because "high" high doesn't compute to numbers for me, but if the offset is right and the wheel clears the caliper then they should work.

As for the center bore, this isn't as big of an issue as you may think. I keep reading about hub centric rings everywhere, and everybody thinking they are necessary. They aren't. If the center bore of the wheel is to small they won't fit unless you have them machined, if it's to large no problem, simple as that... kinda. Where hub centric rings, "center rings" as you called them, come into play depends on the wheel and lug type. Some wheels are Lug Centric, this includes the vast majority of OEM and Aftermarket wheels. Usually if a wheels has tapered seats and lug nuts it is lug centric, meaning it uses the studs and lug nuts for centering. Others are hub centric, These usually do not have a tapered lug seat and use lug nuts that are not tapered. These wheels actually use the hub to center the wheel, and the lug nut is only there to clamp the wheel to the hub.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... U say i may take wheels from an Honda accord which is 5X114.3, with a Center bore of 56.1 and the wheel will sit perfectly anyway ?

If the hub does'nt enter in the wheel... u'll have the wheel too much through the exterior of the car ? Am i right ?

·
Registered
259 Posts
So... U say i may take wheels from an Honda accord which is 5X114.3, with a Center bore of 56.1 and the wheel will sit perfectly anyway ?
No see below from my previous post.

5x114.3 is the same as 5x4.5 which a lot of auto manufacturers have used including Dodge and Ford. I can't recall all of the vehicles that used this bolt pattern... I can't help on the offset end of it because "high" high doesn't compute to numbers for me, but if the offset is right and the wheel clears the caliper then they should work.

If the center bore of the wheel is to small they won't fit unless you have them machined, if it's to large no problem, simple as that... kinda.
This wheel will not just bolt on because it's center bore is smaller than that of the factory. In order to fit this wheel you would have to run spacers that will allow it to fit (may or may not be availalbe) or have a machinist open up the center bore on the wheel to make it fit.

If the hub does'nt enter in the wheel... u'll have the wheel too much through the exterior of the car ? Am i right ?
Not sure where you are going here. I will assume you are asking if te wheel would stick out of the wheel well. That once again depends on the wheel. Namely the offset and backspacing. I haven't pulled a wheel off the front of my car to see how the caliper hub and spindle are made, but if the wheel can't fully seat on the mounting surface of the hub and you try to drive it like that you will have bigger problems than it sticking out from there.

On the other hand if you are asking about the wheel centering on the hub affecting how much it sticks out. It won't affect it at all, only way that will happen is if the center bore on the wheel is to small and it won't go fully onto the hub.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok... so it's like i was say'in at the beginning.. U have to take Idem or bigger center bore if u don't want to use spacers... That's right... i just wanted to be sure that i understood well what i just read...

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.