Kia Forte Forum banner

p0017

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mobileterminaluser 
#1 ·
Hi there, Im looking for some opinions since I ran out of Ideas to fix this problem, I took my 2018 Forte with 55k miles for an Oil change at Walmart, and a few miles after completed my car shutdown, I found an oil leak and took it back, the person that performed the oil change left the filter loose and the car lost a lot of oil, after tightening and filling it with oil, Code P0017 came on, I tried deleting it with the scanner tool and it came back, tried replacing VVT and cam sensors and nothing, changed the oil and filter and still there, lost $1000 with a lawyer and he scammed me and didn't do his job trying law suit walmat, so at this point, I don't know what else to try and ran out of money and ideas. I will really appreciate if anyone can give me a new idea of what else to try!

#2 ·
I found this by doing a google search.( It means your camshaft and your crankshaft positions are not lined up as the computer expects. Either you have a timing issue (in which case I would not run the car until it's been diagnosed professionally) or you have serious oil flow problems.) I don't understand it, but I'm NOT a mechanic. I think Walmart screwed you when they changed the oil and didn't tighten the filter. Perhaps there's damage to the main and rod bearings now due to a lack of oil. I don't understand how low oil can change the timing on these engines, but I'm old school, not new. It appears that the low oil has changed the timing on the car. Do you also get a P0016?

#8 ·
Joke about Walmart all you want, BUT, the Walmart near me requires their mechanics to use torque wrenches. Not even my Dealership requires their mechanics to use torque wrenches.

I do my own oil changes - but for tire repair or replacement I take it to my local Walmart...and I like that they torque the wheel lug nuts - unlike the POWER-ON with an impact wrench most tire shops use...:)

#12 ·
Joke about Walmart all you want, BUT, the Walmart near me requires their mechanics to use torque wrenches. Not even my Dealership requires their mechanics to use torque wrenches.

I do my own oil changes - but for tire repair or replacement I take it to my local Walmart...and I like that they torque the wheel lug nuts - unlike the POWER-ON with an impact wrench most tire shops use...:)
What, they use torque wrenches instead of impact wrenches on drain bolts? Lucky you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.