Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i was bored and did some research regarding the PA vehicle code, here's what i found out.

Tires and rims:

No spacers may be used that are bigger than 0.25 inches. Spacers may not be installed to increase wheel track.

Lights:

Headlamp low beam minimum requirements cannot be less than 7500 candlepower
“””””””””””” High beam minimum requirements cannot be less than 10,000 candlepower
Total candlepower for headlamps, and aux lights cannot be more than 150,000 Candlepower

Stop lights, turn signals, hazard light shall be visible from at least 100 ft in sunlight.

Rear lamps shall be lit when any front lamps are lit

Turn signal flash can only be between 60-120 times per second

Auxiliary lamps may only be used with high-beams only

Fog lamps may not be substituted for headlamps

Auxiliary lamps and fog lights have to be at least 20 in apart from center to center, and not more than 42 inches off the ground, nor lower than the lowest chassis part

Rear fog lamps are only acceptable if they’re originally equipped or were an option.

“ a vehicle specified under this sub-chapter may have only one pair of approved auxiliary lights and fog lights”

Auxiliary lamps and fog lights may not be placed in front of a required lamp

STICkers:

No stickers (that are not see through) are allowed on any window around the car. (only see through is allowed)

Tint:

not allowed (well, allowed if it transmits 70% of the light, but good luck finding it that light)

These aren't all the laws, but they are the most that we usually mess with.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
meh- PA has a lot of crazy laws... in fact- a lot of the states have some crazy azzed laws. esp- the ones concerning sale of ETOH. and dont even get me started on blue laws. lol.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Probably won't get pulled over for most, but if you are pulled over and you give the officer shit, chances are they'll hit you with them.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup, even though they have a shit loads of laws, the only ones they really care about are speeding, violating speed signs, and tint.

I got pulled over speeding with HIDs, leds, magnaflow muffler, and the officer didn't care about any of them.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Okay, now I have to go google "Rear fog lamps", WTF!?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
OK, so it's not as stupid as I thought it sounded.... but had never heard the term before.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just drove through PA over the weekend, no problems of course :] Probably should have read up on the laws beforehand though lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bump because...?

One of the more amusing laws I've run into in a few states, is that you're required to honk the horn before passing another vehicle....but it's also a violation of noise ordinance to honk the horn in a non-emergency situation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts